Short CE Suggestion

Ideas and suggestions that have been reviewed by staff and will not be implemented.
AcryliCat UwU

Short CE Suggestion

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

So, this is just something I was thinking about recently. I know this was a feature back when premium was a thing(which I definitely wish was still a thing lmao), and this was just a thought in passing.

Since we have more streamline box clicking, maybe streamlining the CE would be the next step? Perhaps we could do something where the CE question doesn't pop up so frequently?
Just an idea, though personally it wouldn't bother me if no one else agrees, I don't neccessarily have a huge problem with how clicking is now, but it would still be very pleasing to see it happen.
Yasha

Re: Short CE Suggestion

Post by Yasha »

Ah, the CE. Necessary evil of VA. Since the new clicking system got implemented, I got more and more frustrated, which resulted in me participating in the "Official Click My Virtuadopts Thread V2.0" instead of using the CE. And now that the new Monthlies are out I'm forced back to the CE, because it is still the best only way to get focused clicks on single Adopts in a relatively short amount of time...

I made statistics to show my frustration! Yay!
(Please note that of course my numbers are influenced by the low amount of data, the time of day I counted it, other programs I had running in my background, my generally bad internet connection, different browsers etc... summarized: you will probably get different results, and I only did this to check which is the best way of clicking in a general trend)
I counted the clicks I could do in 300 seconds in:
  • the CE --> 0,34 clicks/s
  • the old 2-click system of clicking (forced by using Snap Links to open 30 Adopts at a time, click and Congratz-checking them, and then open the next 30 until the time was up) --> 0,29 clicks/s
  • the new 1-click system of clicking (by clicking on 30 Adopts one at a time, Congratz-checking them and then open the next 30 until the time was up) --> 0,40 clicks/s
The fastest way of clicking was the new 1-click system, where 1 click needed 2,52 seconds, followed be the CE with 2,97 seconds and the old 2-click system with 3,45 seconds. Notice how the normal clicking was slower than the CE the old way, and faster in the new way. Now, I set myself daily click goals I want to reach. Since I buy 500 tickets per drawing in the lottery, I pay 10.000$ in a week, and an additional 8.400$ for running the Daycare. My daily click goal is to get enough money to meet my daily expenses of 2629$ (with 2,5$ per click this means 1.051 clicks). With the old 2-click system I needed over an hour (60,43 min) to reach that goal, the CE gets me to 52,02 min and the new 1-click system to 44,14 min... notice how much improvement the new clicking system i (15 minutes is so duckling much time). Now, the difference between CE and new way of clicking is "only" 8 minutes, but there is actually one big factor I could not really consider in my data: the need to be actually in front of the screen to do the clicking. In the CE, you need to constantly and actively be in front of the screen to get your results. With the new 1-click system, you could theoretically open a large number of Adopts, go away and make yourself a coffee, come back and close the whole batch without Congratz-checking them. If you have all click-Prromos already, this is actually a very good way to farm money and then use it in the lottery to maybe get a Shiny Promo, which would be worth more than all the potential Promos you might miss that way. And nobody gets hurt by this "mass-clicking" either. Other users get their clicks, you get your money and everyone is happy. In the CE however, the actual rewards are way to low to make clicking attractive, at least in my opinion. I never got a single shiny Promo during clicking, and I consider myself a fairly active user (of course there are others far more active than me), but I think I'm still above average in this regard (what even is my life?). The normal CE-only click Promos are, even if you don't get a Congratz yourself, fairly easily tradeable in the GTS. So once I have my Promo, I tend to avoid the CE again because it's just not worth my time.

TL,DR: We need an improved clicking system in the CE. CE-only Promos are, at least for me, not a long-time goal, and clicking feels tedious and dreary. The clicking needs to be faster (3 seconds for 1 click is way to long), and prolonging the time between security questions is not the (only) way to tackle this problem. The Q-shortcut doesn't improve the clicking time at all, and depending on which browser you use, not handy either (in Firefox it's ALT+SHIFT+Q, which is just a weid position to put your fingers into, not comfortable at all). There are many suggestions already, the latest being an auto-deletion of credits if your egg hatches, so that you at least don't loose too much credits. My own suggestion would be to double the steps/level you gain when using the CE. (I also think this would not be too much work to program, which is also a plus with how busy yankees is). Maybe also double the money you gain in the CE? At least for me, it would make the CE more attractive than clicking boxes.
Want to trade? See my Trade Station or send me a PM.
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

there is a faster way to click in the CE. After clicking the correct answer and it takes you to the feed adopt page, press the "Go back to Click Exchange!" button to get to the quick feed page. when you are on the page hold down the command button (for PC's it may be the control button) on your keyboard. while holding this button, use your mouse to left click the 'quick feed' button. this will open the page in a new tab. after opening the page in a new tab, you should still be holding down the command button and press 'r' to refresh the page. This will load a new adopt to click.
you can get in a pretty good rhythm and click many adopts at once, racking up more credits. then when you are ready, toggle over to the opened tabs to see if you have any Congratz! prizes.

i know this doesn't solve all of the proposed problems, but might help some of you click faster.
Adoptable
Yasha

Post by Yasha »

Holy Skarmory, this actually works (for me its STRG for opening in a new tab). Why do I hear about this only now? How come I missed this in all this years? *feels incredibly stupid*
I quickly made the 300 seconds, and this allows me to make 1 click in 2,48 seconds, which is the best result so far (and I wasn't even experienced in using this method). I could make my daily goal in 43,44 min this way AND get the chance to win a shiny Promo. I take back everything I said, the CE is great(er than I thought).

Prolonging the time between the security questions is still a good idea :)
AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

I didn't know that, actually, I'll certainly try it when I get back to my pc.

I don't take back my original suggestion tho ily mauwie

Edit: yeah, the way my laptop keyboard is, that method makes clicking really uncomfortable and somewhat slower- I'm better off doing the ALT+Q as a quick tab and dealing with load times. But that may not be the same for the majority.
Yasha

Post by Yasha »

What browser do you use? In Opera, I just changed the keyboard shortcuts for refreshing the page from STRG+R to STRG+Q (this does overwrite the VA-internal shortcut, however, so you could just choose any other combination which feels comfortable for your fingers). That way I can use my left thumb to hit STRG and my pointer finger for Q, which is pretty comfortable for me. I'm sure this works for other browsers as well...
AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

I suppose I should Google that(I'm not incredibly tech savvy, clearly). I use chrome.
Akemie

Post by Akemie »

I just use F5 to reload the page and the middle mouse button to open a link in a new tab. It it the fastest way for me.
Adoptable Image Adoptable
ImageImageImage
pixels by King-Lulu-Deer (DA)
AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

I've just stuck to using alt+Q, it works for me and it's the fastest and most comfortable way for me to click. I don't particularly have an issue with how I'm clicking.

But my main suggestion on this post is just for the time between questions to last longer, mainly just for the convenience of more clicks at a time. I multi-task while clicking(of course), and it's pretty much just an annoyance that I would avoid by getting that premium benefit of more time, but since premium doesn't exist any more, it only makes sense to ask that the normal time between questions is made longer.
Not everyone is aggravated by this and it's not particularly something that gets me fuming, I just think it would be a nice little improvement.
PokeTrade
Crazy collecting Chansey

Post by PokeTrade »

Hi,

I recently PM'd a mod if this was allowed, and it is. There's a Google Chrome extension called Shortkeys that allows you to add custom hotkeys. If you enter a given keycombination you can execute javascript for example.

With this script, I can navigate by simply pressing enter, instead of ctrl + q. What the script does is click on the 'Go back to click exchange' link. I tried triggering clicking ctrl + q by pressing enter but it doesn't work.

Configuration:

Script so you can copy paste:

Code: Select all

document.querySelector("[accesskey='q']").click();
Chrome plug-in:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... gddngobkck

What else can you do? Block out everything you don't want! I have an adblocker and I can block certain parts of a page. The footer of virtuadopt for example has a twitter and facebook button, this really slows down things. Plug-in: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... idom?hl=nl

Click 'block an add on this page' (my browser is in dutch).

Select the parts that you want to be blocked.

EDIT; saw Mauwie's tip with the new tabs. I can write a script that links get opened in a new tab, so you don't have to hold down keys!
My collections:
ImageImageImage
Estcheis

Post by Estcheis »

Poketrade, thanks for mentioning those Chrome extentions! I was looking for a possibility to change the keycombination for refreshing because my hand always begins to ache after using ctrl+r for some time...
But the CE seems to be very slow at the moment or is it just for me like this? Maybe it's because the March Eggs and many active clicking users...
Click Box
Adoptable
♥♥♥
FairyPrincessCynthia

Post by FairyPrincessCynthia »

A little over a week ago, I figured out a shortkeys solution that replicates the alt+q function. It's a little different but it works.

I've got enter designated as the keyboard shortcut.
Behavior is Open bookmark/bookmarklet in current tab
The bookmark, which I saved to the bookmarks bar in Chrome, is https://www.virtuadopt.com/ce.php
(you need to have the bookmark saved ahead of time before it'll show up in the bar)

Then open up Activation Settings
Check the box that says Activate while in form fields
In the websites column, switch it over to Only on specific sites
Then in the URLs (one per line) box, type in this address: https://www.virtuadopt.com/ce.php?answer

Then save.

What this does is make it so when you answer a click exchange question, you can press your designated key (in my example case, enter), and it will act like you just pressed alt+q and take you back to the click exchange. The activation settings makes sure this will only work on the page where you answered a question.
Spoiler for more adopts inside:
AdoptableAdoptable AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Praise be to fairy types.
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

these are all great ideas for how to click in the CE. maybe we could make an official guide showing all of the different methods (with screen shots and everything)? everyone would be credited for their methods/ideas of course.

i just tried all of them except for akemies since i don't have a mouse (using a laptop)

poketrade, if you could write something so no keys have to be held down for the method i suggested would be nice.
i still prefer to open up the answers in a separate tab so i don't accidentally click over a congrats.

if anyone else has other ideas please feel free to share
Adoptable
PokeTrade
Crazy collecting Chansey

Post by PokeTrade »

mauwie wrote: March 16th, 2019, 7:06 pm poketrade, if you could write something so no keys have to be held down for the method i suggested would be nice.
i still prefer to open up the answers in a separate tab so i don't accidentally click over a congrats.

if anyone else has other ideas please feel free to share
Hi mauwie,

I managed to apply your method without having to hold down keys!
You need tampermonkey if using chrome, greasemonkey if using firefox. This add-on always you to execute javascript on every pageload.

This is the script:
----

It basicly looks for links linking to a url containg 'answer', which is the answer to a CE question or the quick feed button. It forces those links to open in a new tab, and also makes the page reload when clicking them.

I'm using chrome and chrome automaticly focusses on the newly opened tab which isn't great. You can prevent this by clicking on the link/button with your middle mouse button (the scroll wheel). But that isn't very comfortable.

I installed this add-on so that chrome no longer auto-focusses on newly opened tabs, even with a regular click. Force background.

EDIT: I notice that the page sometimes reloads quicker than the pokemon clicked in a new tab. I'll try to build in a check, so that the page keeps reloading till your CE credits balance has increased.
My collections:
ImageImageImage
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

i'm going to ask yankees what he's okay with us using
Adoptable
Karasume

Post by Karasume »

I feel like automatically reloading once you click would already almost cross the line. Reloading until your credits increase puts it over the line, imo.

But I'm not a person with any real say in this.
Looking to trade pokemon or net yourself some easy CE credits? Then check out my Trade thread!

There are a lot of shinies which look very similar to their normal counterparts. Arm yourself with knowledge!

AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

okay, we are ruling out any scripts used with greasemonkey/tampermonkey. we've had problems with people cheating and using them in the past.
Adoptable
PokeTrade
Crazy collecting Chansey

Post by PokeTrade »

mauwie wrote: March 18th, 2019, 3:29 am okay, we are ruling out any scripts used with greasemonkey/tampermonkey. we've had problems with people cheating and using them in the past.
Alright! Thanks for pointing this out! *uninstalling*
My collections:
ImageImageImage