We need to fix the Lottery. Now.

Old suggestions that have not proven popular or are otherwise no longer relevant.
Tango

Re: We need to fix the Lottery. Now.

Post by Tango »

*kinda likes crops except the once every 3hrs part*

Fossils already have an exclusive area for them to be earned. Throwing them into the lotto is... weird. I'd be more in favor of improving how crops work instead.
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
═══════»«═══════
yankeesrule3526
Chief of Operations

Post by yankeesrule3526 »

Tango wrote: January 27th, 2019, 1:36 am *kinda likes crops except the once every 3hrs part*

Fossils already have an exclusive area for them to be earned. Throwing them into the lotto is... weird. I'd be more in favor of improving how crops work instead.
This, but same goes for mega stones.
49ER

Post by 49ER »

To be fair, the items are in a dedicated area too. But i got tired of playing the crops just to play for an anorith over and over again. It would be nice to have a chance at a random assortment of fossils.

Ok FairyPrincessCynthia, the lotto is back up with 43 numbers. Can you put up an odds calculator on chances of winning 3, 4 and 5 number wins?
Adoptable
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

the lottery looks good, thank you yankees : D! and i love the new addition
Adoptable
49ER

Post by 49ER »

The odds are horrendous though, since you have to match 4 or 5 to get guarantee of prize.

Odds of matching 5: Prize is 1 million dollars and shiny volcanian 1 in 962,598
Odds of matching 4: Prize is 1 thousand dollars and normal volcanian 1 in 5066
Odds of matching 3: Prize is 50 dollars and a /chance/ of winning a volcanian: 1 in 137 (Since the chance of getting the promo is 25 percent, you should multiply the 137 by 4)
Adoptable
Tango

Post by Tango »

The crops do have a random assortment of fossils though, I used to play it a lot when I could pop in multiple times a day so had a bunch of fossils. I'd been dumping them into the trade point on occasion cause I didn't think anyone would want them. I don't think the I-don't-like-that-mini-game is a good reason to throw something in as a lotto prize. What that says is there's something other players who do like it have something to do regular trades with those who don't. You don't have to earn everything yourself; that's why the trade economy exists.

On the lotto prizes. Not sure how I like 'em. The number of permutations is down which is great for low-money players, to hit the base -- but now the base is effectively get your next ticket half off instead of a free play. It feels like I'm going to have to dump in double the money to just get par with what I had been getting before (which was barely anything). Doesn't seem a great trade, but I'm not analyzing it that thoroughly so there's that ^^;

None of the lower tier prizes are of any interest to me personally so not sure if I'll play the lotto much until the promo is switched, but I know a few friends who'd love the hold/evo items. I hope it all works this time 'round :D
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
═══════»«═══════
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

edit; nevermind i did my math wrong i was looking at the wrong win slot.

but what are the odds of matching 1 and 2 slots?
Adoptable
49ER

Post by 49ER »

I thought the fossil issue was already decided. But IF it was a lotto prize, it would not take away anyone's ability to still play crops.

@Mauwie, here are the other odds

Scrap the first set, because the lotto now is at 45 instead of 43

Odds of matching 5: Prize is 1 million dollars and shiny volanian 1 in 1,221,759
Odds of matching 4: Prize is 1 thousand dollars and normal volcanian 1 in 6109
Odds of matching 3: Prize is 50 dollars plus a chance at a volcanian 1 in 157 (since the chance of winning is 25 percent, you should multiply that by 4
Odds of matching 2: 10 dollars plus 5 percent chance of plate 1 in 12.4
Odds of matching 1: 5 dollars 1 in 2.7
Last edited by 49ER on January 27th, 2019, 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adoptable
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

edit; nevermind, these totals are incorrect as well.
Spoiler:
mmkay, so to be a (possibly) guaranteed win for the volcanion, that would be purchasing 5066 tickets which is $50,660. the money you would potentially make back from these tickets:
$1,000 (from 4th slot win)
$1,848 (from 3rd slot win)
$4,222 (from 2nd slot win)
$9,742 (from 1st slot win)

Totalling $16,812. Subtracted from the $50,660 spent on the tickets purchased is spending about $33,848 get a volcanion. give or take for luck involved. plus the potential to win additional items and a volcanion in the 3rd slot win, this feels more balanced to me.

but at the same time it's late and i could have used the wrong formula to get these numbers.
Adoptable
49ER

Post by 49ER »

Mauwie look at prior post. It got bumped up to 45 numbers
Adoptable
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

ooo yes well then my numbers are off.
Adoptable
FairyPrincessCynthia

Post by FairyPrincessCynthia »

The new winnings table had my thumbs up.
Spoiler for more adopts inside:
AdoptableAdoptable AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Praise be to fairy types.
Jore

Post by Jore »

Tango wrote: January 27th, 2019, 5:51 am None of the lower tier prizes are of any interest to me personally so not sure if I'll play the lotto much until the promo is switched
The Arceus Plates would make a good low tier price when Arceus replaces Volcanion.
I just throw the idea of Discs for Silvally as low tier price into the room because I really want some.
Tango

Post by Tango »

If Arceus replaces Volcanion that'd be neat, though I'd need 18 more Arceus to get 1 of each color and that's probably way more money that I can conceivably afford without getting super lucky.

Silvally discs would be awesome though!
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
═══════»«═══════
Akemie

Post by Akemie »

The Arceus plates are absolutely useless now. They would be if Arceus is obtainable and even then we don't need tons of those.
I would love to see the fossils in there (and close the crops) to even have a CHANCE on getting a shiny fossil besides breeding.
Adoptable Image Adoptable
ImageImageImage
pixels by King-Lulu-Deer (DA)
Yasha

Post by Yasha »

I love crops, I play it regularly and I would hate to see it go. It's one of the only mini-games I feel like I can gain something, even as an older player (because let's face it, neither Hangman nor Match are worth playing if you get a single random every five or so times you play). Besides, I got a Shiny from the Crops. It's not unattainable. If you play it regularly you can get a fossil every two or three days, which is more chances than in the twice-weekly drawing of the lottery.

Having the chance to win a fossil AND keep crops open: why not. But I'm absolutely against closing it!

*tosses in idea of winning breedable eggs (starters, babies) again*
Want to trade? See my Trade Station or send me a PM.
AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

^ I'm also really against closing the crops, I play that game fairly regularly, and it doesn't cost money to win anything, just your time, and maybe a little bit of mapping, lol. With the 3 hour wait, it would be nice if something a little more rare could possibly be involved with it.

But to be fair, I was also against 'Guess The Number' disappearing(not sure what plans there are for it, if any)- I liked to play it while I was at work, and I think an easy fix for that game would be to rotate what prize is in it every week. Why don't we put Arceus in a rotation in there? Make other promos available, too, like Celebi, Jirachi, the three golems, the three dogs, Mew- anything could rotate through that, and if it was done every week, it would give it a chance to still keep its rarity. And not spit out 100+ of itself in a weeks time, but I digress, I know that was fixed.

I don't agree at all that any of our games should be removed, I just think that they need to be fixed to better remedy the inflation of the newer promos and the absolute impossibility of obtaining older ones.

Another point- I think that would be a fine way to introduce Cosmog or a couple ultra-beasts.
49ER

Post by 49ER »

Nobody proposed closing the crops. And nobody proposed closing the item market or quests either. It was just a proposal as a low tier prize
Adoptable
FairyPrincessCynthia

Post by FairyPrincessCynthia »

So, what if we put Arceus in Crops for a little while?
Spoiler for more adopts inside:
AdoptableAdoptable AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Praise be to fairy types.
AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

49ER wrote: January 27th, 2019, 10:28 pm Nobody proposed closing the crops. And nobody proposed closing the item market or quests either. It was just a proposal as a low tier prize
Akemie wrote: January 27th, 2019, 3:57 pm I would love to see the fossils in there (and close the crops) to even have a CHANCE on getting a shiny fossil besides breeding.
And I didn't see anyone arguing for or against item market and quests :| dunno where that came from man but Yasha and I were just putting our input on what someone else suggested happen to a game.
I'm in no way against a fossil(or other items) being a low tier prize. The other items could be small chances to win as well like evolution items, scents, or disks, to name a few. I think this would also help rookie users who arent swimming at oodles of money yet.

I wouldn't be against Arceus being in crops, that is another idea.