Trade Point Improvements

Old suggestions that have not proven popular or are otherwise no longer relevant.
49ER

Trade Point Improvements

Post by 49ER »

I have some ideas about some revamps to trade point:

1--allow for all pokemon to be put in there, even monthlies and special dex--I understand this used to be possible, at least for the monthlies

2--if a normal pokemon is dropped in, the dropper gets 1 VP, the person who chooses to grab it pays 2 VP

3--If a shiny pokemon Iany type) is dropped in, the dropper gets 75 VP, the person who chooses it pays 150 VP

4--if a monthly gets dropped in, the dropper gets 5 VP, the person who chooses pays 10 VP

5--If a special dex promo or national dex promo gets dropped in, the dropper gets 10 VP, the person who chooses it pays 20

Or something along these lines. This might really entice people to drop in shinies or promos when there is a promo being rolled out in Trade Point to get max VP points, and people who have extra unwanted monthlies that are wanted by others will have a place to drop them. Any thoughts on this?
Adoptable
Renrain

Re: Trade Point Improvements

Post by Renrain »

I think this would be really interesting to see implemented!
Yasha

Post by Yasha »

49ER wrote: December 31st, 2018, 2:41 am 3--If a shiny pokemon Iany type) is dropped in, the dropper gets 75 VP, the person who chooses it pays 150 VP
I don't know how many VP you get when you drop a shiny in the TP, but I adopted a random shiny once, and they already cost 150 VP (I only had 2 deposited in there and was frantically dumping everything from my trade boxes in there to get 150 before the 5 minutes passed xD what fun^^ now I always have 150 in there, just in case)

I'm not so sure about dumping Promos and Monthlies in there, though... I think those should be reserved for trading...
Want to trade? See my Trade Station or send me a PM.
49ER

Post by 49ER »

Yasha, that is right. Shinies do cost 150 to buy in trade point. But the person dropping it only gets 1 VP for doing so. My proposa is that the shinies get the dropper half the cost, as they do with normal ones
Adoptable
AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

I like the idea, and while yes, the main way to recieve promos/monthlies is and should by trading with other users, I don't think that is a reason to brush off the idea entirely.

Here's my thoughts.
First off, this opens a window to new, smaller events. Perhaps a handful of extra rare promos/shinies are dumped in to the TP and we just need to be on the look out for them.
Now, I don't particularly think this is in any way a great route for new releases. If anything, maybe one of the Ultra Beasts shows up in the TP randomely for, say, a month or so. I think something like that could work and keep us on our toes.

Second, this also opens an excellent window for those who may want to practically give something away, but make it a little challenging. Yes, it's just as easy to make a thread, but that's fairly straightforward and the idea with the TP really just broadens the possibilities.
In no way to I expect people to place a Vuldoom or a Surfing Pikachu in the TP, no way.

But smaller promos or monthies that people may have laying around and perhaps feeling like giving someone a challenge still to receive them.

I'm sure other people could find more creative methods of utilizing the TP if it had more outputs like this ^^
49ER

Post by 49ER »

There have been people who quit the site and have dropped everything in TP that they could drop, including shiny dex, and have just left their promos in their boxes. They don't want to be bothered to do drawings, or upload them in GTS.

Also, one of the first things I pulled out of TP when I was new was a shiny monthly winter sleigh rapidash, which I got for 150. From what I heard, the ability to drop monthlies in the TP had been recently disabled, but that one was still floating around from before. Now that would be impossible, unless it was enabled again. I also got a Suicune for 2 VP early on too. So you never know, some good things have been dropped there
Adoptable
AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

I agree with that, it makes things easy, especially if you don't have any mind to who the adopt makes it to.

I'm all for this idea ^^ it might even help make it not entirely impossible to recieve dex promos if there couple be a few scattered in there every now and again.

I don't check the TP often unless I notice there's a collect of mine or a friend's available, so I think with knowing there will be things of more worth in there more often will definitely make the TP an actually useful asset.
Yoshiki
Total in Love with derBhaal

Post by Yoshiki »

the only thing I do not like is:

"4--if a monthly gets dropped in, the dropper gets 5 VP, the person who chooses pays 10 VP"

I think the "normal GTS" trades would be negatively influenced because of that.
Monthlies are less worth than normal ones, right? This would change to the opposite than.
Cost of 10 VP are to high for a monthly. Hope you understand my concern.
❤️ Sharing IP every day with my husband derBhaal . ❤️Image❤️
❤️
Adoptable❤️Adoptable❤️Adoptable❤️Adoptable❤️
49ER

Post by 49ER »

I do, this was just a general idea...but the numbers could be tweaked, depending on people's imput and opinions. Maybe dropper gets 2 and person who chooses pays 5? Something like that?

I am a bit iffy on shiny monthlies too...when I found my rapidash it cost me 150, but some of the ones where there were a ton of shiny ones, like the archen monthly, recently, I doubt many people would want to pay 150 for them, but then if it is something that there were very few hatched, people would pay that much in a heartbeat. But maybe go down to maybe 100 to buy, 50 to drop. (as long as dropper is getting half what it costs someone to buy)
Adoptable
49ER

Post by 49ER »

Bumping this since tp issues are being discussed at this time. If people have more ideas for this please leave feedback.

One thing suggested is a price list on tp page, even for the things available now. Not everyone was aware that shinies cost 150
Adoptable