Will This Site Eventually Get a Overhaul or Just Small Updates Here and There?

Talk here about Virtuadopt in general - comment updates, talk about your achievements, adoptables...
Magical Rose

Will This Site Eventually Get a Overhaul or Just Small Updates Here and There?

Post by Magical Rose »

I really want to see this site become more active and like others mentioned, the site might need a overhaul to do so. But I understand that takes a long time and it's a lot of work to do. I also know that the coders and whatnot have lives and I don't think they are getting paid or anything so I can understand just having an update here and there too, especially since it's inactive.

What do you all think is going to happen to this site in the future? I would love to help become better but I'm not sure how to do that.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Chasper

Re: Will This Site Eventually Get a Overhaul or Just Small Updates Here and There?

Post by Chasper »

Well, they made a topic about our (users) suggestions what we would want to change. But year have passed and they didnt response to that in any way so it doesnt look like its gonna happen anytime soon. :P
ImageImageImage
Akemie

Re: Will This Site Eventually Get a Overhaul or Just Small Updates Here and There?

Post by Akemie »

As far as I know there is only one programmer here and that is the admin Yankee himself. And if I remember correctly he was/is really busy with studying (?)/RL things so there isn't anything new yet :/

(not gonna lie I am glad the Tapus are still available as I am yet missing their shiny forms xD)
Adoptable Image Adoptable
ImageImageImage
pixels by King-Lulu-Deer (DA)
Magical Rose

Post by Magical Rose »

That user suggestion thread was why I wanted to ask the question since the topic was brought of a year ago. I understand. I hope his studies are going well. Maybe when he's done with them there will be more updates to this site.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Bendy Demon

Post by Bendy Demon »

Well, I was here, years ago, under another name and the site hasn't changed one iota.
Well..that's not entirely true; there are malfunctions on this site and one is the Trading Point game.
Donated six pokemon, lost 6 Virtual Points as I was never able to use them as they were taken from me when I clicked a pokemon I wanted (already posted the issue in the Bugs section but I doubt it will be rectified but that's another matter entirely..sort of)

No new games, no new side quests or special stuff and I doubt there will be anything for Halloween either.
Hate to see this site go especially since I just joined this month but..we'll see what happens
I drew my own avatar...
Tango

Post by Tango »

I've only been here 4 years, but in that time the site has had some notable changes. Could be I'm just ultra patient, but to me it's been a fine pace considering the state of developers throughout this period. The entire Alola dex and megas were introduced, both quests are new, scents are gone, both Lotto and Raffle have changed, breeding meter is new, one year had a neat new idea for Halloween with that little click adventure, we've had a bundle of new promos... admittedly no activity this past year but yah can't really blame anyone for lack of activity during a pandemic -- which means discounting this past year there's really been a lot of adjustments and new things for a 3 year period.

And by no activity that's just referring to surface things. Yankees has made backend upgrades and updates, which I assume is at least partly, if not entirely, at fault for breaking a few things around the site. Not every new version upgrade necessarily works the same or ports over very nicely and it can be a lot of work to change things but it's not anything visual, thus is hard to notice except for when something is broken. I just donated a Trading Point pokemon and it counted just fine. So it's either a slightly different problem or it's been fixed.

Just cause there hasn't been any public talk of change or updates doesn't mean any suggestions are being ignored or missed. From experience, not saying anything could be a way of preventing hype for something that may not be within a reasonable timescale to accomplish given the resources available. A good portion of the updates over the last couple years have been responses to suggestions and concerns I think, so I wouldn't give up on VA just yet :3

<3
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
═══════»«═══════
Bendy Demon

Post by Bendy Demon »

I understand and it is not my intention to be pushy or demanding but in the past many years I seen many really nice sites just die either because the owner decided it was too much work or there were 'problems' or in a few cases there was financial incompetence (stealing in one case actually) so I tend to get a tad jaded.

HOWEVER this site has been around for awhile so I guess it will remain for a while longer.
Now that I found out a couple of things it is easier to get my eggs hatched. :)
I drew my own avatar...
Sabbo
Like a boss

Post by Sabbo »

looks like it will be closed in the near future, since the coding is outdated and the Admin has no more time for this project...

its sad, i really hope the site can be saved. i enjoyed my time here, all the memories and nice people. hopefully its not the end yet...
AdoptableAdoptable