Donald Trump became president ._.

Here come all discussion on various topics.
RaptorBlu3

Donald Trump became president ._.

Post by RaptorBlu3 »

This is my reaction to this: ._. :o :( :shock: :x

I live in MN in the USA and when I woke up at 4:00 I was alerted that Donald became president. Guess what happened to me? I AM SICK NOW MR. TRUMP!!!! Goodbye everybody on VA. The world will end!

-_-
[center]"A Magikarp can Mega-Evolve if the bond between trainer and Pokemon is at its strongest..." -RaptorBlu3 8-)[/center][/size]
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Monstrodolago

Re: Donald Trump became president ._.

Post by Monstrodolago »

This sums up everything to say about the situation.
AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

Nah~ the world won't end. ^^ Dun worry about it smol bab
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

xD the world wont end. even though i was not a trump supporter myself, i think it's important for everyone to take this win and unify from the situation. i may not agree with everything but i hope this election doesn't further divide people, but brings us together as we work through our rough economy.
Adoptable
MisteryEevee

Post by MisteryEevee »

I'm more concerned about the fact that some of his supporters are already acting out and physically or verbally hurting other people. I personally don't necessarily fear Trump himself, but I definitely fear his supporters. And as others have said, I'm not happy about his victory, but now we have to stand stronger than ever before and resist negative outcomes as best we can. Yes, I threw a tantrum. Yes, I cried. And you can certainly do those things too, we have every right to be disappointed and angry (but please try to be rational and not hateful towards others... imo if there's anything to blame, I blame the system...) but we need to pull ourselves together and play things smart for the next four years.

On another note, I'm severely disappointed in the friends and family whom I loved, trusted, and respected that supported and voted for him. Mainly because they're for LGBT, minorities, women's rights, etc, but I guess their dislike for Clinton was too great. I view that as a slap to the face of their friends who fall in these communities/categories and pure hypocrisy. It's very backwards to say you're supportive of something, but go with the person who's basically against the thing you're supposedly "supporting". :/
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Vixena

Post by Vixena »

I still can't believe he actually won. I never thought he'd even get the, what do you call it, commendation? from the party.
And supposedly the senate and house are Republican-majority now. I get the feeling the internet is going to be overrun with upset democrats before long if not already.

Anyone want to help me with this fort? *holds up pillow* I kinda wanna just hide for the next few years.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Karasume

Post by Karasume »

If only a pillow could protect us from the empowered masses of the stupid and racist. He doesn't even need to do anything. Those people will feel like they can do what they want now just because he's there. My family is and looks Latino. I'm an exception simply because all White people think I'm one of them because of my accent and pasty skin. But my family.. I really hope the best for them.. My youngest half brother is dark as heck and he already gets bullied. He's 8 years old. I can't believe he has to grow up in a place like this. It's sick and disgusting.
Looking to trade pokemon or net yourself some easy CE credits? Then check out my Trade thread!

There are a lot of shinies which look very similar to their normal counterparts. Arm yourself with knowledge!

RaptorBlu3

Post by RaptorBlu3 »

I feel bad for families like yours Karasume... I am still sick because of Trump so, yeah... My friend told me this: "I will move to Alaska." And I was like: XD. Hope everyone gets their way even if Trump is president... I actually didn't care who became president. I don't like Hillary or Trump. Peace out!

(I like How To Train Ur Dragon) to Karasume. ^^
[center]"A Magikarp can Mega-Evolve if the bond between trainer and Pokemon is at its strongest..." -RaptorBlu3 8-)[/center][/size]
jirachi100

Post by jirachi100 »

At least I know my parents didn't vote for him... But I know most of my state did because it's too Republican. Ugh.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableImageImageImageAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

the thing that gets me is that clinton actually won the popular vote, meaning she received the most votes in the US. the electoral votes went to trump. i don't know if i disagree with the voting system, but it is kind of a slap to the face that hillary received more support from US citizens but still lost in the end.

personally i'm mostly angry with the government for not being able to provide us with more suitable candidates for this election. and i don't know how far this will go but now we are dealing with the 'calexit'.
Adoptable
MisteryEevee

Post by MisteryEevee »

@mauwie - I've been seeing on twitter and Facebook about how broken the voting system is and I'm not if I agree or not either. It definitely is a little irritating to know that she was the most popular though and he still won. :/

----

On another note, I worry for my own family. Our state isn't exactly the nicest when it comes down to how citizens treat minorities. Things could get pretty nasty pre-Trump and I only fear that the hatred we receive already is only going to be amplified. My household family is 100% Chinese and we already stick out like a sore thumb here. I sincerely hope things won't be worse, but seeing how many hate crimes made it on social media, it's unavoidable.
AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

She no longer holds the popular vote, as Michigan and that other state finally got their ballots counted. Besides you can't go by popular vote because, as everyone knows, inner cities such as (the entire state of Cali), New York, and pretty much all of south Florida, and pretty much all the North East Coastal States are gonna be blue. Those places make up half, if not more than, of the United States population. Besides we aren't a full Democracy, we're a Republic. Without the electoral votes, Blue would always win.

Also I wouldn't worry about your family :/ Honestly there would an will be hate crimes with any president we get. Under the presidency of Obama the media loved to focus on (and ik there's more this is just an example) white on black killings. Which, even if you don't see it, has split nearly every one apart. Trump isn't a racist, his business is one of the most ethnically diverse in the world.

Long story short, hate would happen will Hillary and it will happen without her. To be honest, almost the only hate I've seen is from people who are butthurt over Hillary's loss, which to me is completely irresponsible and immature.

EDIT: I just checked my info, she did win the popular vote, by about 600,000. Which isn't much at all. Besides there are counts of voter fraud and such but don't make much difference. -shrug-
As I said before, just because she won the 'popular vote' doesn't mean she's what the country really wanted. Ya can't complain about a 'faulty system' when you haven't complained about it in past elections. I love you guys, but I think you're wrong to call racism and sexism. Just read a little more into both people and I think you'll find that Hillary wasnt so great and awesome as they said she was an Trump wasnt so twisted and evil. :/

Also sorry to point you out like this...
Karasume wrote:If only a pillow could protect us from the empowered masses of the stupid and racist.
I don't appreciate this statement. At all.
Karasume

Post by Karasume »

flamingwing12 wrote: Also sorry to point you out like this...
Karasume wrote:If only a pillow could protect us from the empowered masses of the stupid and racist.
I don't appreciate this statement. At all.
That isn't directed towards you. But if you do happen to be a pillow, I apologize for mocking your protective integrity.
Looking to trade pokemon or net yourself some easy CE credits? Then check out my Trade thread!

There are a lot of shinies which look very similar to their normal counterparts. Arm yourself with knowledge!

AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

I do indeed identify as a pillow and am #triggered
Vixena

Post by Vixena »

If you're truly a pillow, you'll get over here and complete this fort. =P

I'm clinging to the hope that the Senate/House can balance out Trump's ignorance. He can't put through literally anything, he's gotta get his party to agree to it.

I do wish the racists weren't using the future president as an excuse to run rampant. Some of my best friends have been different races than me. Apparently, my mother has a friend you is actually Jewish, but because she wears a headscarf people assume she's Muslim and accuse her of being a terrorist. Even if she was a Muslim, that doesn't make her evil... Dumb people.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

People are dumb. Though racists and such that you see are such a minuscule percentage of the Trump supports. Its just wrong to speak as though you imply they are. Just as it would be wrong to assume all blacks are gang members, or all Mexicans are rapists. Why can't we just see the hypocrisy and all be pillows 0w0
Karasume

Post by Karasume »

I wasn't implying that Trump supporters were all stupid and racist. I was talking about the empowered masses. Surely, you can guess that because Trump is president, people who are racist feel empowered. That's what I mean. I know that not everyone who supported Trump was stupid and racist. Some supported him for personal reasons or because Hillary is basically a criminal. Maybe they had other reasons too.
What I was talking about is specifically the people who say "Hey, our President is basically racist! Time to do some racist things because I know he'd condone it!"
I have yet to see it happen. I hope I never do and I turn out to be overly-paranoid. My half-brothers are of African descent, and my mom's side of the family is distinctly Latino. I don't want to be right in this case, for their sake.

AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

Certainly
RaptorBlu3

Post by RaptorBlu3 »

Trump is not racist in the end. I realize that me, my friends should stop abusing Trump. JK. Lol
AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

RaptorBlu3 wrote:Trump is not racist in the end. I realize that me, my friends should stop abusing Trump. JK. Lol

I'm not sure what you're 'JK lol' is about but it's not a joke and it's not funny.
Hell, I make fun of Donald Trump, and I agree with the man on some, if not most things from his standpoint- so its ok to joke. Yes, he said some stupid sh*t. But he didnt say he was gonna target minorities. He said he was gonna target those who are living in this country illegally. He also said he's gonna make it less freaking impossible for people to immigrate to the US legally!
Hillary wanted open borders- the way she herself stated it was that she was planning on just letting people in. How fair does that make it to those who earned their right to live here?
Honestly, I may not agree with Kara on everything but at least she was mature enough to not state her point as a joke.

As I stated before- if you were actually reading- his business is one of the most diverse in the world when it comes to ethnicity. He's certainly NOT a racist.