Pokemon Alola Sun & Moon

For discussing aspects of Pokemon not related to VA, such as the games, TCG, anime, and manga.
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Re: Pokemon Alola Sun & Moon

Post by mauwie »

the alternate forms of older pokemon are so adorable. i really hope they add more!
Adoptable
Junior Tycon

Post by Junior Tycon »

I know there are so many haters about the
Spoiler:
Alola version Pokémon. And let's be honest, Eggxecutor's new form is ridiculous.
BUT. I don't care what any of the haters say, I'm excited to get to finally own:
Spoiler:
Cubone's mother; a ghost fire type Marowak. So boss.
I love them all. Definitely picking up both games and the starters Rowlet and Litten.

Also, the newly featured
Spoiler:
sandcastle Pokémon
are the cutest.
ImageImage
~Innoficial helper - Spanish Dept.~
Avatar/Mega Banette/Totodile: allyssonlovesowlcity@deviantart
MisteryEevee

Post by MisteryEevee »

Dark Meowth is all I need ah ha ha

also Sandcastles. I need. I NEED-
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
MisteryEevee

Post by MisteryEevee »

Newest video featuring Wishiwashi, Pyukumuku, and Morelull.

Also features Alolan versions of Meowth, Marowak, and Raichu
Last edited by MisteryEevee on September 7th, 2016, 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MisteryEevee

Post by MisteryEevee »

I still feel unsure about double/triple posting, but I guess if it's news then it can't be helped? ^^; (Just tell me off if it's not allowed. I know on other forums it's kind of frowned upon)

Video of new Fire/Dragon Pokemon: Turtonator

Video of new Pokemon: Crabrawler (Fighting), Sandygast (Ghost/Ground), Palossand (Ghost/Ground), and Stufful (Normal/Fighting; Pre-evo of Bewear)
Last edited by MisteryEevee on September 7th, 2016, 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarkany

Post by Sarkany »

I'm kinda curios how the new games will be... but I didn't watch anything about them yet, I want to explore everything when I'm holding one of them in my hands :'D Only know the starters and the little rock doggy yet.
[Clickbox] ♪ [Sprite-Shop] ♫ [Trade-Station]

"Often in life we forget the things we should remember
and remember the things we should forget."
Alive

Post by Alive »

From all of the known [for now] Alolan version of old Pokemon my favorite are Ninetales and Raichu. I feel in love with Salandit, it is so cute <:
Can't wait for the new region to be oficially introduced here. As for the starter, I think I'd pick an owl one, Rowlet.
Spoiler:
0 Rh(+)音隠れの里
Spoiler:
AdoptableAdoptable
In nomine patris et fillii et spiritus sancti
Pokeartist152

Post by Pokeartist152 »

My favorite new starter is definitely Popplio. It's SO cute! :3 But I do like Litten too.
I don't know whether I like Solgaleo or Lunala better, but I won't play either game anyway.
For new Pokemon, my favorites so far are Stufful, Togedemaru, and Rockruff. They are cute. <3
And for Alolan Pokemon, Vulpix and Ninetales! But Sandslash and Raichu are cool too.

It's interesting that there are variations of old Pokemon now because I used to make up my own variations of Pokemon years ago (mostly Vulpix, Jigglypuff, Eevee, and Umbreon) but the real ones are better.
I noticed that Popplio has a similar name to an old Fakemon I never drew, and Lunala has a similar name to one of my current Fakemon.
My top 5 favorite Pokemon:
Monstrodolago

Post by Monstrodolago »

I wonder if the new forms of older pokémon will be included on virtuadopt too ~~
MisteryEevee

Post by MisteryEevee »

Video for Alolan Rattata (Dark/Normal), special Munchlax -> Snorlax with Z-move

Last edited by MisteryEevee on September 7th, 2016, 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Junior Tycon

Post by Junior Tycon »

MisteryEevee wrote:Video for Alolan Rattata (Dark/Normal), special Munchlax -> Snorlax with Z-move

https://youtu.be/CsTuHGpLJfM
The Snorlax z-move scares the ever living life out of me. Haha His eyes!!!
ImageImage
MisteryEevee

Post by MisteryEevee »

New video!

Notes:
*New Pokemon - "Type: Null" (Normal type; yes, Type: Null is the name of the Pokemon), Jangmo-o (Dragon type)
*Alola form - Raticate (Dark/Normal type)
*Sun and Moon are set 12 hrs apart and certain events will be different for both games
*Aether Foundation is introduced. (Characters: Lusamine, Faba, Wicke and other Employees)
*Team Skull Enforcer, Gladion, is introduced
*Zygarde's cells and cores are available
*Players can take photos of Pokemon via Poke finder. The photos can receive comments
*UB-01 - This one is introduced as an "Ultra Beast". No given type or other info. It hasn't even been confirmed that it's a Pokemon or not. Very mysterious.

Second Train On Video:

Seems to have an evolution of Cutiefly in this trailer.
Last edited by MisteryEevee on September 10th, 2016, 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Junior Tycon

Post by Junior Tycon »

Spoilers ahead, you were warned.

Jangmo-o and Type: Null are my favorites of this new reveal, although I am disappointed in the naming of Type: Null. Might be the first time I nickname a Pokémon. (Gasp)

I hope Jangmo-o gets to be the ultra dragon Pokémon of this generation. (I'm secretly hoping for an electric coupling to his dragon type, which would make him hands down my favorite dragon Pokémon to date.) Also I'm hoping for some cool background story with Type: Null. I just feel like he needs a big story. Also, he seems way more like a legendary than a normal pokemon, so something tells me he'll be a prominent feature in battling the enemy head honcho.
Spoiler for total speculation:
Personally, I don't think Team Skull is the main enemy of the games. I personally think it's that super sketchy Aether Foundation.
Based on my estimation of what Pokémon I think will/should have evolutions, we're up to a generation with at least 65 new Pokémon, not including the Alolan forms, Ultra Beasts, other not yet revealed Pokémon, or (hopefully soon forthcoming) Megas. If they don't have mega evolution in these games, I'm gonna be hecka disappointed. Especially since there was so much dang buildup in the previous gens. Like you don't just ditch an idea with so much background story. Also, Flygon deserves a dang mega evolution at this point. And the Johto starters. Flipping mega Feraligatr and Mega Typhlosion. And Johto legendaries. Flipping Mega Ho-oh. I did not transfer my precious shiny Ho-oh from HG just to have it not get a mega evolution.

I will say, I'm pretty pumped for this generation. It seems like every time I've got it "all figured out", they throw some new thing in that totally destroys all my ideas of the gen.

Also, am I the only one who wants to see the stinking evolutions of Rowlet, Pupplio, and Litten CONFIRMED? So many rumors floating around, but I wanna see them blasted across serebii.net homepage. Unfortunately, it will probably be one of the last things they reveal.

I am hopeful for the recently announced demo. In the ORAS demo, players got a level 35 starter in its second form. I'm hoping for something similar to happen here. Which means we might get a sneak peek at the 2nd evolutionary stages for the new starters.

Anyway, that's just my two bits.

JT
ImageImage
MisteryEevee

Post by MisteryEevee »

New Trailer! It seems that pre-evolutions of Alolan variations will still take the form of their original Kanto version, but will evolve into the Alolan form instead (Examples: Pikachu -> Alolan Raichu, Cubone -> Alolan Marowak, etc)

It's in Japanese. If an English version becomes available, I will edit this post to include it.
Junior Tycon

Post by Junior Tycon »

MisteryEevee wrote:New Trailer! It seems that pre-evolutions of Alolan variations will still take the form of their original Kanto version, but will evolve into the Alolan form instead (Examples: Pikachu -> Alolan Raichu, Cubone -> Alolan Marowak, etc)

It's in Japanese. If an English version becomes available, I will edit this post to include it.
Whoa whoa whoa whoa. Was that a very well-tanned and long-haired Professor Oak I glimpsed in that trailer??? Are we getting a MIDLIFE CRISIS PROFESSOR OAK? (Sorry for caps)
ImageImage
MisteryEevee

Post by MisteryEevee »

@Junior Tycon - According to a tweet from Serebii on Twitter, this guy is Oak's cousin

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/7 ... 3676893184
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

i really love Jangmo-o ^‿^

there are so many pokemon this gen that are aesthetically pleasing to me. but i also think there are some very strange ones too xD

i think i have decided i will choose popplio as my starter ♥ i wasn't sure who to choose at first because i think they are all amazing, but popplio has really grown on me as an adorable little seal. also, now i feel like i have to pre-order the game just so i can get that munchlax. i wonder how soon in advance we need to order it to be able to receive him?

i try not to watch too much about the gameplay in the trailers because i want that to be a surprise, but i like seeing all of the pokemon, so i can mentally choose who i want to put on my team.

i just watched the newest japanese trailer, and i think this is the best trailer so far ;3 now i refuse to watch anymore for fear of spoiling the game.
Adoptable
Junior Tycon

Post by Junior Tycon »

New Information Below. Spoilers (duh). View at your own risk
Spoiler for New Pokémon released today:

Apparently, Rockruff's evolution, who still has yet to be named, evolves differently based on the time of day. Some new ultra beasts have been revealed as well, the red one is expansion and showcased in Pokemon Sun, the other was called Beauty and available for Moon. Serebii.net says more info might be revealed throughout the day. Pokejungle said more info will accompany these shots on Wednesday. So look forward to that! Apparently UB-01 has a mystery behind the name. Next month's issue of corocoro is supposed to have something to do with Type: Null, released earlier.

Another thing that's interesting to note is this image:

Image, because from the looks of things, it seems Pokémon go might be transferable to Sun and Moon. Total speculation based on the picture though. Nothing confirmed as far as I know.
Sorry for errors. Typed up on mobile device.
ImageImage
digirap

Post by digirap »

I really like the ultra beasts ! I look forward to seeing if the theory that Lillie and UB-01 are connected, as well the the two other ultra beasts to the two characters they resemble as well.
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

rockruff's evolution is just full of win for me. especially the werewolf looking one.
Adoptable