Pokemon Alola Sun & Moon

For discussing aspects of Pokemon not related to VA, such as the games, TCG, anime, and manga.
Junior Tycon

Re: Pokemon Alola Sun & Moon

Post by Junior Tycon »

mauwie wrote:rockruff's evolution is just full of win for me. especially the werewolf looking one.

Agreed. Of the two games, I'm certain Moon will be my favorite.

EDIT: Today's reveals were kind of disappointing. Basically nothing new, except confirmation on English names for the Ultra Beasts. UB-02 Expansion is called UB-02 Absorption in English. UB-02 Beauty stayed the same. Also, it was revealed that Beauty has Attract regardless of gender of opposite Pokémon. More to come later.

Apparently the next announcement is slotted for the 20th.
ImageImage
~Innoficial helper - Spanish Dept.~
Avatar/Mega Banette/Totodile: allyssonlovesowlcity@deviantart
MisteryEevee

Post by MisteryEevee »

Video for UB-02 Absorption and Beauty:

AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
MisteryEevee

Post by MisteryEevee »

New Video!

Notes:
- Version exclusive Pokemon: Passimian (Sun; Fighting type), Oranguru (Moon; Normal/Psychic type), Lycanroc (evolves from Rockruff; Rock type. Midday form is in Sun. Midnight form is in Moon)
- Character customization is showcased
- Pokemon Refresh is introduced - Similar to Amie, but you can also groom the Pokemon
- Z Moves for Pikachu and Eevee are shown (Ahhhh omg I love Eevee's holy crap XD)
marumo

Post by marumo »

I've got to be honest and say I'm very cautious over how Sun and Moon look. I've not been impressed by all the new pokemon (I'm looking at you Drampa) and the removal of gym leaders has left me somewhat confused. I hope they can get quite a bit of replayability (I really hated how after beating the Elite four in X and Y I felt that the game was over). All that said there are some designs I really like (Rowlet, mimikyu, etc) so I'm definitely going to get the game, even though I have some reserves :)
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

Lycanroc <3
also i guess this confirms there will be no new eeveeloution this generation.
Adoptable
Junior Tycon

Post by Junior Tycon »

mauwie wrote:Lycanroc <3
also i guess this confirms there will be no new eeveeloution this generation.
That's what I was thinking. Most likely the new evo would have been included in the z-move.

I'm pretty pumped for the monkey pokemon. Like I don't really enjoy monkeys but these bros are reminding me of Mankey in the good old days.
ImageImage
MisteryEevee

Post by MisteryEevee »

October 4, 2016 video

Notes:
*New Pokemon Evolutions are revealed!
- Rowlet -> Dartrix (Grass/Flying)
- Litten -> Torracat (Fire)
- Popplio ->Brionne (Water)
*Festival Plaza is introduced. Complete tasks for other players and collect the Festival Coins to use as currency.
*Poke Pelago is introduced. Your boxed Pokemon in the PC could go here and attract wild Pokemon, search for valuable items, and train
*Mega Evolution makes a comeback
*A special demo version will be available starting on October 18 this year. Play through this and you could get a transferable Greninja with the Battle Bond ability. It will become Ash-Greninja when the opponent is knocked out.
Junior Tycon

Post by Junior Tycon »

Spoiler:
MisteryEevee wrote:October 4, 2016 video

Notes:
*New Pokemon Evolutions are revealed!
- Rowlet -> Dartrix (Grass/Flying)
- Litten -> Torracat (Fire)
- Popplio ->Brionne (Water)
*Festival Plaza is introduced. Complete tasks for other players and collect the Festival Coins to use as currency.
*Poke Pelago is introduced. Your boxed Pokemon in the PC could go here and attract wild Pokemon, search for valuable items, and train
*Mega Evolution makes a comeback
*A special demo version will be available starting on October 18 this year. Play through this and you could get a transferable Greninja with the Battle Bond ability. It will become Ash-Greninja when the opponent is knocked out.
I flipping love angsty teen Datrix lol he looks like one of those preppy rich boys from Pokémon Ruby Sapphire and Emerald.
ImageImage
RaptorBlu3

Post by RaptorBlu3 »

I can't wait for the demos! You get a freaking Ash Greninja!
[center]"A Magikarp can Mega-Evolve if the bond between trainer and Pokemon is at its strongest..." -RaptorBlu3 8-)[/center][/size]
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
RaptorBlu3

Post by RaptorBlu3 »

Now I just need to figure out if I can catch totem Gumshoos and name it Donald Trump...
[center]"A Magikarp can Mega-Evolve if the bond between trainer and Pokemon is at its strongest..." -RaptorBlu3 8-)[/center][/size]
RaptorBlu3

Post by RaptorBlu3 »

#Mimikyu
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

with the hype of the new trailer i ordered my new 3DS xl (i want to be able to get ash's greninja+special muchy x3). i ended up choosing moon, so no going back now! i was going to add sun to my cart as well, but i couldn't bring myself to do it since i already spent so much money today... maybe i'll snag it on my next paycheck.

wish i didn't have to buy a new 3DS, but my pink one keeps turning off on it's own D:

on a side note... i LOVE brionne. she is so perfect, with her adorable little seal looks and wavy-sway-ey dress. adorable. BUT i also really like torracat as well, even though i told myself i would choose popplio as my starter, i still have an eye on that fat cat.
wish i could get both starters on my team.
Adoptable
loly27

Post by loly27 »

I dunno what's with all the hate on drampa- I think he looks amazing!
So incredibly hype... Just pre-ordered Moon at Target haha. Not a big fan of the Yugioh lookin' lion uwu
Cheers~
MisteryEevee

Post by MisteryEevee »

October 14 video

Notes:

*New Pokemon and forms:
- Type: Null's evolved form: Silvally (Normal type). Type can change based on held item, much like Arceus with the plates. And like Arceus with the Judgement move, Silvally's move "Multi-Attack" changes type based on the item it's holding.
- Jangmo-o's evolution line: Hakamo-o (Dragon/Fighting) -> Kommo-o (Dragon/Fighting)
- Bounsweet's evolution line: Steenee (Grass) -> Tsareena (Grass)
- Cutiefly''s evolved form: Ribombee (Bug/Fairy)
- Alolan Grimer and Muk revealed (Poison/Dark)

*New characters:
- Olivia: Kahuna of Akala Island
- Ilima: Normal type trial captain
RaptorBlu3

Post by RaptorBlu3 »

SILVALLY FOR DA WIN!!!!
RaptorBlu3

Post by RaptorBlu3 »

Can we catch the Totem pokemon? I hope we can so I can catch totem Gumshoos. now is Type:Null/Silvally Breedable. Now third question If we breed Ash-Greninja, will we get another Ash-Greninja. Because i'm pretty sure if u breed a pokemon it will get the same ability, therefore giving a froakie the ability BattleBond!

P.S Sorry for the bad grammar and punctuation. I was in a rush!!!
RaptorBlu3

Post by RaptorBlu3 »

Um... Does anybody have a problem? My 2DS says that there is no Pokemon Sun and Moon demo... Please Help!!
loly27

Post by loly27 »

I just played through the demo, and I'm not going to lie, I'm a little less than impressed. The new character designs are cool and all and I absolutely adore some of the new pokemon designs.
But the writing seems lazy and... oversimplified? I love the idea of bring back pokemon snap into an actual pokemon game, but the whole 'oversimplification' feels like a problem here as well.
I was disappointed when I heard Pokemon gyms were taken out... and while the whole 'alola' versions are cool and all, I'm skeptical about how well this will all come together from a competitive battling standpoint /: Also, they even label which moves will be effective or less than effective. While that's more efficient, I feel like it's kind of 'babying' their audience. I don't really know if that made sense.
Maybe I'm being overly critical considering pokemon has and always been geared toward a younger audience. I'll withhold my other judgements until the game actually comes out (looking at you, alola fabio dugtrio) but I just feel... Disappointed.
Cheers~
RaptorBlu3

Post by RaptorBlu3 »

Got the demo! Played through the Trial One part. The only thing I encountered were the Pikipek's. How are we supposed to transfer that awesome Ash-Greninja to Sun & Moon. This is probably a stupid question though... I definitely liked this Demo better than the ORAS one. Can you buy stuff? I didn't have enough time to expiriment...
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

loly27, i had the same thoughts, such as making the game easier by showing effective moves and so on, but then again it is just a demo, we we will just have to wait one month to see if this confirms our fears or not.. and who knows, maybe it could be better features for the game, or maybe they'll have an easy/medium/hard mode? i can dream, there is nothing i would love more than to play a pokemon game on extremely hard mode.

on top of the demo, most pokemon images/evolutions got leaked. i can't find a better image, but here is a what looks like to be most if not all sun and moon's pokedex:
Spoiler:
also the images to the final evolutions of the starters, which most of us who look at spoilers have seen already:
Spoiler:
i keep telling myself i'm getting popplio but i really like all of them (though i know a lot of people are disappointed by litten's final)

and this dugtrio image spree is so hilarious to me
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
Adoptable