Pokemon Alola Sun & Moon

For discussing aspects of Pokemon not related to VA, such as the games, TCG, anime, and manga.
deactivated210321

Re: Pokemon Alola Sun & Moon

Post by deactivated210321 »

Well, I think my post is a bit late... But I don't really care.

I did play the demo, and...
Spoiler:
Some parts of it were really cool, like the smoother animations, and the battle screen, and the cool concepts.

However, some things do spoil the experience, like the type effective/not effective indicator, like Junior Tycon pointed out earlier.

I mean, I'd rather learn the types myself. I know that newer people to the franchise would benefit from the indicators, but it ruins the strategy idea behind the battles. When you know what's effective, the excitement of planning out moves and all that research is kind of... wasted.

Or maybe, things are different in the actual games. I haven't got Pokemon Moon yet. But still, I think this is a worthwhile game.
MisteryEevee

Post by MisteryEevee »

bless for cyber monday sale last week at Target-

Pretty much everything was 15% (or was it 30%) off, plus if you use the Red Card, you get an additional 5% of, plus if you use a reusable bag, you get either 5 or 10 cents off, I don't remember-

Long story short, I did end up getting Sun and sis did get Moon. We were playing them on our way home from our Thanksgiving break.

My progress:
Spoiler:
I still have school and other hobbies to do so I haven't been playing it that much, but I do enjoy the game so far. It's not as bad as I thought it may have been based on the trailers and stuff. I only have 4 of the Z-Crystals as of December 5. A lot of the time, I'm trying to stay put and catch as many Pokemon as I can per route (which is something I do for nearly all of the core games when I first start). The only ones I'm missing so far are Delibird, Feebas, Pyukumuku, and a female Salandit.

I did see Delibird in the wild once and accidentally made it faint. They are hard to find. Feebas.... ah... I never caught a Feebas in my life actually. I get mine through trade so far. I'm not that lucky with them. I haven't tried looking for Pyukumuku yet and female Salandits are hard to come by as well. TT_TT

My current team consists of Magneto (Magnemite), Bouncee (Steenee), Dex (Lycanroc), Shi-Tian (Torracat), Cocoa (Trumbeak), and Adam (Cutiefly). I'm hoping to have an all-Alola team but I haven't found something to replace Magneto with yet. I'm mainly keeping it so I can spam Thunder Wave to catch Pokemon.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Junior Tycon

Post by Junior Tycon »

Vixena wrote:Not sure if this really counts, but spoiler tag jic.
Spoiler:
Main criticism I have so far is the main character never seems to change expression and Rotom. Never. Shuts. Up.
Also, this:

Wild Eevee called for help!
Eevee appeared!

OH GOD IT NEVER ENDS
Super reviving of a dead thread. Forgive me. The last part though is mega 10000% percent truth and irritating. I would get so stupid annoyed because they'd call for help, and it's almost impossible to get a poke ball chance. When you do, you get this:

*calls for help*
*mimikyu appeared*
*attack*
*mimikyu busted his disguise*
*attack again*
*mimikyu fainted*
*surprisingly mimikyu doesn't call for help*
*throws pokeball*
*it was so close!*
*calls for help*
*screams forever*
ImageImage
~Innoficial helper - Spanish Dept.~
Avatar/Mega Banette/Totodile: allyssonlovesowlcity@deviantart
MisteryEevee

Post by MisteryEevee »

Also reviving dead thread, but I did manage to finish Sun within... a month? I normally don't complete core games that quickly to be honest but I was pretty hooked on Sun.

Now I feel like there's nothing left for me to do. I haven't even gone to try to level my final team to 100 because I pretty much forgot about it (and then school started again). My final team ended up as: Dex (Lycanroc; Midday), Shi-Tian (Incineroar), Bouncee (Tsareena), Aaron (Araquanid), Ruby (Salazzle; yes, I finally caught a female Salandit based on my last post here lol), and Cocoa (Toucannon). I suppose I could continue leveling and evolving Pokemon, but for the most part, I'm basically all set I guess. I already caught the Tapus, the Ultra Beasts, the Z-Crystals, and so on... I suppose I would just have to wait to see what the next game for Pokemon would be. In the end, I was very satisfied with Pokemon Sun (and Moon). I have not felt that excited since Pokemon X (mostly because WOW 3D AND DIAGONAL MOVEMENT IN THE CORE GAMES HHHHH). In the meantime, I'm just getting my sights set on the Nintendo Switch. I'm in need of Splatoon 2, Super Mario Odyssey, possibly LoZ Breath of the Wild, and Fire Emblem Warriors (I'm so hyped for this because I actually really enjoyed Hyrule Warriors so much and Fire Emblem was a favorite franchise of mine for a while).
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable