Emulator?

For discussing aspects of Pokemon not related to VA, such as the games, TCG, anime, and manga.
Giovanni

Emulator?

Post by Giovanni »

Does anyone know a Pokémon emulator? .-.
Stick 636

Re: Emulator?

Post by Stick 636 »

Emulators are for consoles, not games. You'd want a Gameboy Colour/Gameboy Advance /Nintendo DS emulator.
The DS ones tend to be a bit less stable than the others.

You can try DeSmuME, No$GBA, or Visual Boy Advance.
Shiny National Pokedex Pokemon hatched: 12
Shady_

Post by Shady_ »

Emulators represent consoles, I.E: Nintendo DS.
If you are looking for a DS emulator unfortunately I once tried twice to put one on my Acer and I couldn't even get them to open the game...or one might have but then froze when I chose my starter. Then again my Acer is almost 6 years old.

Do emulators work on a Mac?
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Venom
Location: A little English village that no-one here's probably heard of. :)

Post by Venom »

I personally use DeSmuME for the DS titles when I want to do stuff like randomiser nuzlockes. It can be quite slow on my HP laptop sometimes, but playable. You'll need to download a ROM to play on it too.

@Shady_: You might be able to get GBA4iOS. I've got it on my iPhone, but it doesn't always work. You might have to mess around with your Date/Time settings. I don't know if there's one for the DS as well.
Spoiler for Venom Notices:
If I'm not that active, blame exams and stuff.
ImageImageImageImage
Shady_

Post by Shady_ »

Venom wrote:
@Shady_: You might be able to get GBA4iOS. I've got it on my iPhone, but it doesn't always work. You might have to mess around with your Date/Time settings. I don't know if there's one for the DS as well.
Thanks for the 411, I might look into that.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Syiren

Post by Syiren »

There are three I use on my tablet (mobile too) One for gameboy color, one for advance, and one for DS. The gameboy one is called "My Oldboy!" the advanced one is called "My Boy!" and the DS one is called "DraStic" They have both free versions and ones you can purchase for like $5 or less. The bought one is more stable as the free one sometimes crashes. I don't know if they're in the apple store, but they are in the Play Store for Android.
Spoiler:
ImageAdoptableImage