Winter Contest 2019 - Entries

Only Official Contests, managed by Virtuadopt staff belong here.
a-chan
chibi yaoi kitty

Winter Contest 2019 - Entries

Post by a-chan »

Post your entries here~
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Ecco
** TROPIUS **

Re: Winter Contest 2019 - Entries

Post by Ecco »

Here is my entry for the Winter Contest 2019

I started a little earlier because of the lack of time during busy christmas sales in my stores, i used this weekend to sketch and thinking about the how to and what i wanted to show you. I took it with me to the store so i could work on it when there where no customers :)

Why this Wreath:
Because i am so long a huge fan of Tropius i made in his/hers honor a Tropius Pokémon Christmas Wreath using the famous green and red colors and glitters.

The Tropius is hanging in the Wreath and blesses our home when we hang it on our front door and hopefully making other happy and make them smile and bring them into the christmas spirit.When Pokemon trainers hang a wreath on their door or in their window, it's an invitation for Pokemon to come into their home. :)

The materials:
i used: Plain white paper, sketch markers, glitter markers, pencils, eraser, 1 big flower plant pot 1 smaller plant pot, some red glitter diamonds, also a shoebox cover (so i could save it properly when drawing. And fun and positive energy :)

STEP 1
I started with a white paper and put a huge round flower pot on it to draw the outside of the Wreath with a pencil and a green marker.
Spoiler:
STEP 2
Next step is to make the inner circle with a smaller plant pot so we have the Wreath inside and outside done with pencil /marker.
Spoiler:
STEP 3
Then i draw some parallel curved lines to indicate a ribbon wrapped around the Wreath and started with the lines that indicate the leaves and needles with a green marker.
Spoiler:
Step 4
The next step was the hardest for me actual drawing tropius this took me alot time many times used the eraser and start over...but at the end i am satisfied.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Step 5
Next step was filling and coloring the the Wreath with green and coloring tropius in a little lighter color to make a nice visual contrast in the Wreath.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
STEP 6
Now it was time for the funny part coloring with glitter i started with green glitter to give the Wreath some shiny glance i started with a lot of enthusiasm till i noticed my hand cloths all became full glitters haha glittery ecco how to explain at home :)
Spoiler:
STEP 7
Now it was time to put on some red glitters to create some red dots as shown holly or the official name Ilex aquifolium (hurray google translation)
Spoiler:
STEP 8
Coloring Tropius into a christmas theme red and green and filling the outlines a bit thinker. And black line so its tied to the Wreath.
Spoiler:
STEP 9
Next step was coloring with a red marker the lines that indicates the ribbon wrapped around and around the Wreath.
and using the red glitter marker for a glittery fancy view.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
FINAL STEP RESULT
Now let it dry and making the last photo's of the final result bit fighting with the light/brightness but it turned out like i had in my mind.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Many thanks for another Winter contest i enjoy it a lot although i cant draw at all i did my best and put in the effort to make something nice.

Wish you all Happy Holidays with family and friends

With ❤️
Ecco and Tropius
monkeyD

Post by monkeyD »

ZERO-WASTE-TABLE-CHRISTMAS-WREATH

I decided to make this wreath for your living room, because it's tradition in Germany to make one for the table. We also put 4 candles on it, to get a better feeling of how long till Christmas eve. This concept was introduced by a Social Worker in 1839. The kids, he cared for, didn't stop asking him how many days till Christmas. So he decided to create a wreath with 24 candles on it. Each day he inflamed one more and so the children could see without asking. By the time the civilisation reduced the amount to 4, symbolising the four sundays before Christmas.
So i was sure about drawing one of this kind, and i hope you recognize my concept.

So, how i would have build it:*
*Due to my current livestyle i'm sadly not able to build the real one! I would have if i could. So i made this "plan" for one and painted it.

What i need:
Wooden sticks (stick as a thump) ,Braches of german fir and german spruche, a lot of threats (Light brown, yellow/gold, green), 4 disks of wood (ø 5 cm), 4 candles, many thin wooden sticks or straw stalks, red wooden pearls, some walnuts, red coloured wadding (can be bought), prepared eyes of white and black paper, some christmas decorations (dried oranges, cinamon, etc.), some bauble, a Non-waterproof marker, old leftovers of candles, some cookeys to place insinde and time. :)
What i actually needed for my scatch:
Spoiler:

and a piece of paper of course!

The Wreath:
I would made my wreath out of two different kinds of pine branches, just to get an eyecatcher because of the two shades of green. So it would be the branches of the fir (dark green) and if the spruche (light green).
First step would be to bind the before collected wooden sticks togehter and give them a circle form. It is important that everything is bind stable! After that i would simply add the pine branches around the fundation. To make it look better i would make a part with the fir branches and the next part with the spruche branches. Looks really good.
That takes some time but when it's done, a big part of the work is done.
Before i would start with the decoration, i would add the wooden disks, and candles on it. For that step i melt the old wax and use it, as an biological glue. A big dot for the four disks and on top of these, some little dots for each candle. All i have to make sure is that the candles won't fall over! Safety first.
First step picture, building the fondation:
Spoiler:
The Decoration:
For the decoration i would use some typical Christmas decoration, such as dried oranges, rolls of cinamon with a sweet loop around. But everyone could use, what he/she desires most. Addionally i would cover my wreath with Christmas Star Sterndus, Christmas Walnut Forrestresses and Christmas Ornament Electrodes! How to make these will be explained soon. I choose these pokemon because they are all themed with Christmas. This Holyday without stars is like a mountain without rocks. So i choose Sterndu and made a straw/wood star out of it. For the Forrestress, i thought about my childhood and recalled, that there were always some Walnuts on the table at that time. So i wanted to include them. The first pokemon poped up in my mind was forrestress! So i thought about this version of it and add them upon my wreath. For the Ornament Electrode, i used the inspiration of one of my biggest hobbys. VA. I choose that one, because it fitted in my concept and gave it a little bit of a sparkeling/shining touch. I needed something that reflekt the light of the candles.
On top of that i would have backe some virtuadopt shaped like cookeys and some Cookey Bulbasaur and Cookey Squrtle. I would have done this, so the empty middle of the wreath would be filled with something lovely . And i like cookeys and esspecialy these ones. :)
I wouldn't put my creations into a certain row or with a system. I would just decied where does what look the best. I would pay attation that i can see everything from every site i look from.
Second step picture, adding the decoration:
Spoiler:
How to make.....:
Christmas Star Sterndu:
Spoiler:
Get your straw stalks/thin woods, treaths, scissors, red wooden pearls and molten wax ready.
•1• Bind two sticks at each end of a single stick. Make the two you just bond, cross like an x.
•2• Add another two sticks at the end of the two sticks from step one and put them togehter at the other side, so the five sticks form a star! Knot each meeting point tightly.
•3•Starting in the middle, use the yellow/gold treath to fill the space completly. Knot the end at one of the sticks.
•4• Now use the light brown treath to wrap it around the spikes of Sterndu. Knot the end at one of the sticks.
•5• At last, dip the red pearl in the molten wax and put it right in the middle of the Star! Let dry. Congratz you finished your first Christmas Star Sterndu!
Christmas Walnut Forrestress:
Spoiler:
Get your Walnuts, a knife, red wadding, prepared eyes of white and black paper, little sticks, something to let the "arms" dry on, molten wax ready.
•1• Open up your walnut with the knife. Be carefull not to hurt you or break the shell.
•2• Drop some of the molten wax inside the lower part and fill it with the wadding. Let dry.
•3• For forrestresses "arms", use some of the wadding to give them the right form. With care and not to much. Dip them into the wax and put them on something of the same high, so they can dry in right position. Do that with all the six "arms".
•4• Drop some of the wax into the upper part of the walnut and put it on top of the wadding.
•5• Last step, is to use the wax again to fix the eyes on the forrestress. Let dry. It is not that hard to make so go on and make as auch as you want.
Christmas Ornament Electrode:
Spoiler:
Get your bauble and your Non-waterproof marker ready.
•1• All you need to do is to paint an electrode's face on each bauble! Done! :)
Everything on my wreath is fixed with molten wax! Everything exept the branches. The disks, the candles, the decoration. So you don't habe to use industrial glue. It workes really good and i used it many times before.

After i would have ended my decoration part, i would have time,to look at my work and enjoy, seeing it lighten up every day and knowing with every cm the candles burning down, Christmas is coming nearer!
Well, eating my cookeys helps a lot to shorten that time.

The final result, how it would have looked:
Spoiler:
For a more detailed view to see all the efford and all the little details, that went missing while colouring:

The final coloured version:
As i mentioned in my heading, my wreath is absolut zero-waste. After Christmas, when it's time to say goodbye to all the bright Christmas stuff, you can remove my wreath without wasting a thing. Remove everything you want to keep for next year, especialy the bauble! Just wash off the marker and your friend or Mum can use it next time. If you want to keep nothing, you can put the whole thing in the oven! (Remove the baubles)
So let me thank you for this contest and you're doing great.
All of you: Have a marry, marry Christmas! Enjoy the good meals and the people around you!
Last edited by monkeyD on December 21st, 2019, 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Adoptable, Adoptable, Adoptable, Adoptable, Adoptable
Xiah
queen of old times

Post by Xiah »

Christmastree wreath
The idea for this wreath came to me, because I'm working with children and they love christmas, decorating the christmastree and of course...getting presents.
Because this is a design, it's more like a colorful sketch, than a perfect drawing.

I decided to go with Igglybuff and Smoochum. While Igglybuff decorates as an little angel the tree, Smoochum is happy about a present, that she found under the tree.

I made it with a normal pencil and used watercolour for the colouring ^^

intermediate step
Spoiler:
final picture
Spoiler:
I hope, that all of you have wonderful christmasholidays <3
Yasha

Post by Yasha »

Yasha's Entry for the Winter Contest 2019
(also known as: the one were I thought it would be easier to draw it digitally... Spoiler: it wasn't... but fun nonetheless :3)
Time spent: ~14 h
Included Pokemon:
  • Litwick(as candles)
  • Cryogonal (as snowflake)
  • Pineco (as pinecone)
  • Staryu (as star)
  • Ditto Taillow (inspired by a christmas tree decoration from Thuringia/Germany, which usually shows little metallic birds... they are my favourite on my own christmas tree)
  • Chinchou (because it reminds me of a light string)
  • Minior (as a star, and because I couldn't pass up making the spikes into "reindeer corn"... I didn't even know this was a thing, my first version had candy corn colors)
  • Hoothoot (because I would like to have such a bauble for my own tree)
  • Luvdisc (no reason, I just thought it would look cute as a cookie version, like we have for the Kanto starters)
  • Chingling (as a bell)
  • Yanma (Yanma wasn't planned at all, at first Chingling should have provided the bow for the wreath, but as I was drawing the bow resembled the wings of Yanma more and more... so I drew it holding the Chingling, as a bracket which the wreath can be attached to)
The ornaments would be made of different materials usually found in christmas tree decorations, like metal, glass and different synthetic substances. The candles are made of wax (obviously), so no Litwicks were harmed in making this wreath :D (we are also ignoring potential fire hazards here, but *shhhh*). The colors for the ornaments were altered from the original Pokemons simply because I felt like it. Has this shiny feeling <3

Intermediate steps:
Spoiler:
Image Image

Image (discarded candy corn version)

Image Image Image
Final version:
Spoiler:
Merry Christmas everyone!
Want to trade? See my Trade Station or send me a PM.
Eleve

Post by Eleve »

My Entry

I chose Chandelure s because I thought that the 4 flames of the Pokemon would fit perfectly as Advent candles. And I chose the shiny version because I think it looks better and Naturally.
The Staryu serves here as a poinsettia.
Chandelure is so happy and excited for Christmas, and staryu is happy too.

My material was colored pencils and fineliners.

First step :
Spoiler:

Final Picture :
Spoiler:

Merry Christmas
Kaede

Post by Kaede »

And here it comes - Kaedes entry for winter contest 2019!

You know, I liked the traditional festive christmas wreath my mother put up at our kitchen door back in my childhood. With all that pine garland and christmas decoration on it. But... just forget about the pine garland within my entry - I wanted to try something new for me!

My idea is to make little paper presents (like origami, but ... well, with thicker paper, so it will be more stable) and then wrap them in (thick) christmas paper of your choise. Important is, that you like the paper yourself ^-^. To make it even more stable, you can fill the boxes with cotton before wrapping them.

Spoiler:

Then you take some christmas balls in the colors who fit your christmas paper you did not use for your christmas tree - and if you like, you can draw with window color on them (one of my ideas: use a red christmas ball and use white window color - you can make a pokeball out of it ^-^). But you dont have to do that.
Then you use glue to stick the christmas presents and the christmas balls together until they get the shape of a wreath. At the bottom of the wreath you make a bigger box without a lid - in that box, you can place a pokemon figure (buyed or selfmade) like pikachu. On top of the wreath, you do not place a whole box, but the lid who is missing at the bottom box.
As a additional decoration ornament, you can use small mistletoe branches.

here my scetch to better visualize it (this also counts as my final entry, because it shows how it should look):
Spoiler:
Last edited by Kaede on December 28th, 2019, 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Collections listed in my forum profile.
blue4nic
Vollzeitmama

Post by blue4nic »

sketch:
I drew a sketch of my wreath. It's said to consist of light and dark paper strips, which are to be stuck with decoration, probably stars. Charmander sits in the middle and his flame is said to represent a candle.
Spoiler:
material:
Here you can see the material I used.
Spoiler:
window decoration:
Since I have large windows, I was still missing some decoration. So I designed the wreath as a window wreath. Since I am not so good at drawing, I made the wreath I drew. I prefer that.
Spoiler:
final entry:
and here is the wreath in all its glory. I hope the sketch shows the final result.

I collect all Evolutions of this:
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Ryou_Kimura
Daisuki Bruno-Chan

Post by Ryou_Kimura »

Here is mine^^
This isn't a hanging wreath, but one you can put on a table.

sketch:
Spoiler:
Things you need for this wrath:

- a lot of fir sprigs for the wreath and the smaller inner wreath
- Candy Cane Dragonair ribbons/bows in red & green (or blue if you prefer that color)
- 2 Shiny Pineco pine cones (variant: normal for the blue ribbons)
- 2 Red Christmas Ornament Electrodes (or the Shiny Blue ones if you went with the blue Dragonair ribbons)
- 4 Litwick candles; these are white but glow with the orange of a Shiny Chandelure (again, if you go with blue ribbons normal Litwick candles will do the trick)
- a few Christmas Holly Meganium leaves (place these next to the Pinecos and Electrodes)
- Christmas Holly Meganium Berries (placed scattered in groups of 3 around the whole wreath)
- 4 of Dashs red Garcia flowers (to be places under the Litwick candles)
- 6 christmas lights borrowed from Christmas Lights Mareep
- 1 figure of a Shiny Baby Angel Jirachi (for the inner wreath; it's in Jirachis unawakened form)
- 4 wooden painted Snowbucks (placed on both sides next to the ribbons); you can use white Snowflake Scythers instead if you don't like the Snowbucks

Except for the fir sprigs I tried to only use things with a connection to Pokémon or VA adopts, which have counterparts in our world like ordinary candles instead of Litwick like candles; any Christmas tree balls, not just Electrodes; brown pine cones instead if Pineco like ones or poinsettia instead of Dash's red Garcia flowers etc.
For that reason I prefered normal white Litwick candles over a different colored one, except for the light that shines like its shiny evolution which didn't seem too far fetch'd. Plus, the wreath would have been too red or green, would I have chosen that color and not go well with Dashs red Garcia flower and the fir sprigs. Instead their white color supports the red Candy Cane Dragonair colored ribbons while their orange flame spreads a warm light.
They are still only figures/modelled after the Pokémon though. I don't want real Pineco to sit around on a wreath for a month right next to energy absorbing Litwick and Electrodes that might explode (which they hopefully wouldn't anyway because they are happy to be a model for a wreath decoration; they even tried to smile for it).

Jirachi can be seen as either of these:
Jirachi itself, an angel or, with religious meaning, as the Jesus child or as star of Bethlehem who guided the three kings.

Colored version:
Spoiler:
I realized for some weird reason Candy Cane Dragonair doesn't have real shadow or light effects, so I didn't add any. Maybe they are resistant...

Some details
Spoiler:
I tried to give the Snowbuck a wooden look, but it's a bit hard to see on the white in that size, sorry D:
And I had to add light grey outlines on the Dragonair because without it was half invisible^^'

(Link to my stash were I uploaded them in hope you can see it bigger there)
Last edited by Ryou_Kimura on December 28th, 2019, 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Main Collections: Sandshrew, Chatot, Lucario, Shellos (blue), Corviknight
Side Collections: Girafarig, Swablu, Joltik, Minccino, Skiddo, Snom
Estcheis

Post by Estcheis »

Winter Contest 2019
Estis Ice Cream Scoop Christmas Wreath

Poor Ice Cream Scoops. They only appear once a year: In the summer - although it is not the season they feel too comfortable because it's hot outside and the risk of melting is too high.

But now it's winter! It is crisp and cold, snowflakes are dancing from the sky and soon it is Christmas! No more danger of being melted by the sun! A couple of ice cream scoops come together and think about what great things they can do together now!

Sylveon, Celebi, Cutiefly, Togedemaru, Bunneary, Clefairy and Chinchou want to make people happy and decide to form a Christmas wreath (combined with Nest balls) that can be used, for example, to decorate the front door.

Outlines:
Spoiler:
Final picture:
Spoiler:
Media used:
Spoiler:
Paper, Pencil, mobile phone camera, MS Paint
I'm not very good at drawing and have no experience in coloring digitally. That's why I simply used Paint and my mouse ^^'
Template for the Scoops are the original VA artworks, I hope this is okay!
Merry christmas and happy holidays to everyone! ^_^
Click Box
Adoptable
♥♥♥
Temy

Post by Temy »

winter contest 2019, winter wonderland
i love to do digital arts. what i have is only a free version of a painting programm witch makes it more difficult to draw but i did my best. this photos showes the steps of drawing until it was done. what i needed for doing this was my laptop, my drawing tablet and the program. to draw with the PC is the same like to drawing with paper and pencil. difference is that we can use layers.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
the ready art for your contest ....
i hope you like my art and i wish a nice rest of xmas days ♥
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Glichu

Post by Glichu »

I also want to enter this Contest. It's not a regular wreath that you can hang on the door because it can float in the air by itself :D

To do such unusual decoration for your house, you have to ask help of your pokemon Comfey. I asked my shiny one from Ultra Moon and it was so glad to help me. I made some costume for it with leaves of traditional Christmas decoration plants (don't know how to name them even in my native language :whistle: ). Also I put in there pictures of pokemon - symbols of passing year 2019 and new 2020 year - Tepig and Rattata respectively.

Hope you'll like it.

Pictures in process and final result are attached to this post. Tryed to put it under spoiler button but it didn't wokr for me :(

Merry Christmas everyone and Happy New Year!
Attachments
DSC_2062.JPG
DSC_2062.JPG (401.58 KiB) Viewed 3926 times
DSC_2063.JPG
DSC_2063.JPG (359.63 KiB) Viewed 3927 times
AdoptableAdoptable
General amount of hatched shinies: 122
Hijikata

Post by Hijikata »

Welp, here goes my entry:

Spoiler:

For a bigger picture pls click here: https://www.bilder-upload.eu/bild-5393a ... 1.jpg.html ...or open picture in new tab I guess lol
As you can see I decided to make Rayquaza itself a christmas wreath, for some reason I just couldn't get that idea out of my head.And I'll be honest I had no idea what to do for the decorations, which is why they appear to be a bit random....

Anyways, here are the featured Pokémon, all drawn by me:

- Again, Rayquaza as the wreath itself. I don't know if it's clearly visible on the final picture but Rayquaza's body and antennas are supposed to be made out of the branches, his yellow markings are ribbon instead, embracing his body.
- Shiny Cryogonal as snowflake decoration.
- Seedot and Pineco as the nut and pine decorations.
- Voltorb as a Christmas tree ball.
- Sudowoodo and shiny Bonsly who are hiding in the wreath and try to pass as ornaments.
- Mistletoe Cherubi hanging from Ray's tail, waiting for a kiss.
- Volbeat and Chinchou who are the christmas lights (they were totally not forced to do it).
- Chingling as the obligatory bell, sitting on a swing attached to Ray's mouth.
- And Pyukumuku who's job it is to hold the second part of the sign. It was too heavy for the swing because the Chingling is too.... fat. Probably ate one cookie too much.

All of them could be drawings, simply cut out from carton and attached to the wreath (+ Rayquaza's head because I think it would be really difficult or impossible to make it out of the branches).

There's some more pictures:
I'mactuallyembarrassedpostingthishereajlkejlw
KiraNear
Man of Mayhem

Post by KiraNear »

And here is my entry :-)
First I wanted to use a real one, but than I gave it a second thought and decided to make a drawing with it.

Spoiler:

First of all, the wreath itself is based on the body of a Klefki, but with small changes here and there. The key on the top is shaped like a half christmas tree, because it's a christmas wreath and a christmas tree shaped key would better fit than the normal one. Also the Klefki wreath is made of some kind of green metal, with would look fancy and you can use it year after year. If it were made with actual branches, they would try out - but with metal, this can't happen to you.
Also the center part of the Klefki wreath is formed like a bell, a christmas bell which can be used after Santa leaved the presents under the tree - another reason why it's below the half christmas tree. You can actually ring the bell.

Around the round body of the wreath is some kind of fancy tape, made of a very stable, but soft fabric. With it's not totally white and red colors, it represents a normal candy cane, one type of sweets which is very typicale for the christmas time. I decided to make the colors less bright, so it might better fit to the whole picture.

Attached to the metal body are four little balls, representing (from the left): Shiny Ditto, Bellossom, Pikachu and Swinub. Ditto is a shiny here because I thought it would look nice, also it represents the cold of the winter better then the normal version. The Bellossom is here for the joy and happiness, also there are some nice looking winter flowers, too. Pikachu is there, because everybody loves Pikachu. Also it's kinda the mascot of the pokemon series and a lot of kids got one of the newest pokemon games as a present. The last one, Swinub, represents the winter too, also it is an ice pokemon and that's another reason why it fits so well, too.

It can be done with the mentioned materials, but you can use simple things like paper or (play) dough or even a 3D printer, if you want to do so.
AdoptableImage
Avatar made by smilesupsidedown.
Picture in my signature made by Cyrrior.
Tomoaki
Tauros' leader

Post by Tomoaki »

I'd like to enter too! :D

So ... I put them in the attachement, is that ok?
I'm figuring things out I guess...

Sketch
Spoiler:
Sketch VA Wreath Design smaller.png
Sketch VA Wreath Design smaller.png (321.17 KiB) Viewed 3867 times
Colored finished picture and proof that I did it, because except for the sketch it's done digital :) (and I put "VA" on it there because I wrote "virtuadopt") also: I forgot to color Ekans tongue but I'll keep it like this now xD It's about the design idea anyway, right?
Spoiler:
color VA Wreath Design smaller.png
color VA Wreath Design smaller.png (254.63 KiB) Viewed 3867 times
proof smaller.png
proof smaller.png (303.28 KiB) Viewed 3867 times
So, why I drew what:

My idea is based on a little story that popped up in my head.
All of virtuadopt was getting ready and fired up for this years christmas celebrations, food was prepared, presents bought, decorations all over the place, music provided and a small evergreen tree stood in the middle of the big hall where they were inviting all the pokemon and their trainers to. But oh no, someone forgot to buy a christmas wreath! How were the guests supposed to know where the party was held? Someone might get lost, mistake the door and not find the place. They remembered last christmas too well to let that happen again.Though the only decoration left over were some purple bows. That would not help the guests find the place, would it?
But mother Ekans had an idea, her shiny green color might not be as dark as evergreen, but it is still a pretty green, so she slid herself into a big circle and asked the Litwick twins to tie the bows around her and hold her up in front of the door to welcome all the guests.
Little Chingling and Shinx wanted to help too. Chingling wraped its cords around Mother Ekans and made a beautiful shining bell, announcing the new guests when they entered the place. And Shinx used it's tail to make a star on the top and used a tiny bit of elictricity to make it light up and glow, to help the Litwicks with their rather dark flames brighten up the wreath and entrance.
When a bunch of Bounsweets arrived, they asked what they were doing here and together they explained the situation. The Bounsweets are sorry to hear that Ekans, the Litwicks, Shinx and Chingling must wait outside in the cold weather until all guests have arrived and are sorry that they can't do much to help. They want to do something anyway and say "we can make the wreath more colorful, then the guests will adore it even more and praise it for sure" And with the shared effort, they really made a wonderful christmas wreath. It's not perfect, but together they gave their best and helped out everyone.
The end ;)
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Ash Monferno
The Doctor

Post by Ash Monferno »

2019: Kalos-Themed Wreath

POKÉMON STORY:
Spoiler:
My Christmas wreath has as its main pokémon for it: the Klefki pokémon associated with some traces of another fairy, Sylveon. If this wreath was being made in the pokémon world it would be a typical Kalos wreath used in the Advent. Christmas Klefki is used to collect various types of Poké Balls. The more the better! However, this Klefki has not lost its characteristic of liking and keeping keys. On its top it is possible to observe the presence of a small bottle that is used to store a special key. Kalos trainers usually leave a copy of their house key in that small bottle if they lose their original key.
WREATH EXPLANATION:
Spoiler:
Klefki's choice is based primarily on its format. We need a shape that can hold something and Klefki has a circular rim on its body, something extremely useful for elaborate that green parts (grass / fir sprigs). Within the green part (fir sprigs) we can find clusters of smaller Poké Balls, three in number, they are Cherish Balls. In the final image 1 we also have some pokeball, bigger ones, they are Dream Ball, Park Ball, Dive Ball and a Poké Ball. In the final image 2 other pokeball appear: Dream Ball, Nest Ball, Premier Ball and a Pokéball.
The discrete parts of Sylveon that had been used are quite characteristic of this Pokémon. It features a Sylveon bow just above Klefki's head and there are also a pair of ribbon-like feelers next to Klefki.
Lastly there is a large red bow surrounding the entire green (fir sprigs) to give the wreath a better finish and subtlety.
HOW TO BUILD/ITENS:
Spoiler:
Now... How to build one of these? The items you will need you will see next! This "How to build" will be divided in 4 main parts, check it:

PART 1: Making Klefki
1) Styrofoam Ball: That would be used to make Klefki's head. You would draw the structures of its face according to the original Klefki. But not the jewel!
1A) OPTIONAL ITEM: To make Klefki's eyes a pair of black oval buttons can be used.
2) Jewel: A bijou jewelry I would say. A stone more similar to pink or red (a fake ruby ​​might be good hahaha). To be worn on Klefki's forehead as a jewel.
3) Key: It can be any key, but preferably not too large for it not be out of proportion with the wreath.
4) Pot / Bottle: Before buying the small bottle, you have to check if the key you chose will fit in it, after all that is what it will serve, to store the key. You will put the glue to connect this part with the Klefki's "head".
4) 5mm aluminum wire: Using the the wire we will make the circular part of Klefki's body. Which size? Well, it will depend on what size you will want your wreath. But, between 100 to 120 centimeters would probably make a good wreath!
6) Items like Styrofoam glue, ink/paints and brushes will also be needed for the previous parts.
Well, now the Klefki is done. Perfect! Let's start the Christmas part!
Spoiler:
PART 2: Making the real "wreath"
7) Fir sprigs: Obviously this item is required for this garland! You will need a good amount of these!
We now have the "body". Let's go even beyond to make this looks better!
Spoiler:
PART 3: Decorating
8A) OPTIONAL ITEM: Poké Balls: This part you can buy Poké Balls or even make them. Obviously, buying them is much more practical and easier. You will need to buy some small Cherish Balls and some different Poké Balls (this different ones should and need to be bigger than those small Cherish Ball).
8B) OPTINAL ITEM: Styrofoam Balls: If you decided to not buy the Poké Balls, you will need to buy Styrofoam Balls. There are severak other materials that could work, but this one is cheap and easy to find.
8B1: Small Styrofoam Balls: Buy small balls to make the Cherish Ball! For smaller pokéballs a good number to buy would be multiples of three, about 45 smaller styrofoam balls would be interesting.
8B2: Normal/Big Styrofoam Balls: I don't know what will be the normal sized styrofoam balls you will be shown, so use your common sense to choose the better one. The number of these are lower, about 8 to 10 larger pokéballs would be enough for most people. If you want more, feel free to buy it! Just be careful not to pollute the wreath too much!
9) Items like Styrofoam glue, ink/paints and brushes will also be needed for the previous parts.
The design part is almost done, we just need now to add the style to your wreath!
Spoiler:
ImageImage
PART 4: Adding the Final Details
10) Red Bow / Ribbon: Usually a large red ribbon is used, but you can change the color of the ribbon to your liking.It will wrap around the fir sprigs of the garland, so a wire-like size should be useful (150 centimeters is likely enough).
11) Cream / White Ribbon: This ribbon will be the ribbon you will use to make Sylveon ribbon-like feelers as well as the bow. You will probably need 60-70 centimeters for this one.
REQUIRED: You will need to know how to make a loop for the bow or have someone that knows to do it. If neither, watch a tutorial!
12) Foil: This type of paper is best for finishing the ending part of Sylveon ribbon-like feelers, so it is important that the choice of foil is compatible with the colors of Sylveon (pink, dark blue and light blue). You will use the glue to make this together with the ribbon.
Spoiler:
It's finnished! I hope you have learned how to do yours!
FINAL ART:
Spoiler:
Version 1
Spoiler:
Version 2

FUN FACT:
Did you know?
It's really strange, but did you know that depending on the Poké Balls you have in the wreath it's possible to attract certain pokémon? For example, it is very likely that if your wreath contains many Dive Balls, water-type Pokémon will be more frequent in your neighbor. The explanation for this is unknown.

> > > Now just STOP! And give me your Pandas! I'm a Pancham's Master! < < <
Akemie

Post by Akemie »

Merry Christmas, Virtuadopt ♥

Here is my entry for the contest:
Spoiler:
What I thought by making this kind of christmas wreath you are asking? Well, here in Germany we put our wreath on a table and each advent day we sit together, sing christmas songs and eat self made cookies and light one candle for each advent day. I am not sure how many countries have the same tradition but I wanted to explain it for those who didn't know it :3

It was clearly that I wanted to do something with Litwick. But sticking normal Litwicks on a christmas wreath is (firstly) kinda lame and (secondly) not a good idea according to its pokedex entry ("Litwick shines a light that absorbs the life energy of people and Pokémon, which becomes the fuel that it burns."). So I created a new form of Litwick which fits perfectly into the christmas theme: His body is red, his eyes blueish and two little ilex leaves and a few berries are attached to it. The pokedex entry for this new special could be: "Each day less until christmas makes its little flame shine brighter, bringing joy to those who are present."

I checked the special dex of virtuadopt and had to put Christmas Bells Chinglings on my wreath. They would give a nice touch and athmosphere to the surroundings, singing christmas songs and delight children. I also added Christmas Ornament Electrodes despite its dex entry ("I wouldn't decorate the Christmas Tree with such ornament, if I were you..."). If you know what you are doing and don't mess with them they are as peasefully as any other pokemon. You can see it in their face. How can those decoration balls harm others? :3

To round my christmas wreath up I gave it a golden pearl necklace (what is the right word for it? >w<) and white bows with golden dots which blends in nicely with the golden pearls.

To finish my entry, here are some making-off pics:
Spoiler:
This was the first Litwick sketch:
Little color test:
Last edited by Akemie on December 28th, 2019, 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adoptable Image Adoptable
ImageImageImage
pixels by King-Lulu-Deer (DA)
Amy_Rose
ოო ℰvℴℓi ɱαɱi ოო

Post by Amy_Rose »

My picture for the winter contest ^-^ I hope it's ok and not too late ^^ '

Sketch and outlines
Spoiler:
Image Image
Coloring 1
Spoiler:
Final Pic
Spoiler:
Thank you for the contest:>
I wish everyone a late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year :3
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Heili

Post by Heili »

I'd tried digital art
I choose my favorite pokemon Advent Cardinal Pidgey

Making it:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Final
Spoiler:
MajorasMask

Post by MajorasMask »

Hello, I had this idea for my entry for the Winter Contest 2019.
Since you had to design a christmas wreath, here is my design-picture:
Spoiler:
I love the christmas lights mareep, so this one is my prefered design.
To built a real one, you would need a styrofoam ring and glue yellow wadding on it (much of it). It is important, that the wadding looks like a curl at the top of the wreath.
at the bottom of the wreath, you should tie a red ribbon (best would be one who looks like the one in the promo picture of christmas lights mareep). On this ribbon, you stick a small, orange christmas ball (like in the picture, that would be the tail tip ball from Christmas lights mareep). You should make the ears of papiermaché, so they wont be to heavy for the wreath.
At the end, you wind christmas lights around the wreath (best would be some with mixed colors).
Tadaaaa.
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable