Winter Contest 2019

Only Official Contests, managed by Virtuadopt staff belong here.
a-chan
chibi yaoi kitty

Winter Contest 2019

Post by a-chan »

~Winter Contest 2019~

The staff have thought about a contest we didn't have yet, so in preparation of christmas this year, we want you to design a...:

Pokémon Christmas Wreath

As said above, it's about designing one. You don't have to build a real one, however, doing so might help us visualize the wreath. Of course, you'll have to draw or sketch the design, and explain your choices.

Deadline is the 29.12.2019 - 23:59 Servertime

Contest Rules

1) Art theft is forbidden in any way. You'll get punished with a temporarily ban if we find out that you didn't draw the entry yourself.
2) The entry must contain at least one Virtuadopt/Pokemon and clearly be christmas themed.
3) If you have been banned at any point during this contest you may not enter. No exceptions.
4) Only one entry for each user is allowed.
5) You can chose whatever medium you want to use.
6) "VA" and your username have to be included in your final entry picture. If you decide to actually build the wreath and post photos of it, make sure you include a name tag, but it's not allowed to add it digitally afterwards.
7) Entries edited after the contest deadline will be disqualified
8) We'll have another thread to post your entries, so please use it. Post any questions here.

---

Now onto the prizes you'll be able to win:

Image Image

Good luck everyone and have fun!
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Yasha

Re: Winter Contest 2019

Post by Yasha »

First: Yay, a contest! I love doing those!

Second: "6) "VA" and your username have to be included in your final entry picture. If you decide to actually build the wreath and post photos of it, make sure you include a name tag,but it's not allowed to add it digitally afterwards."

Does that mean no digital images at all? Or can my final entry be a digital drawing, if I provide hand-drawn sketches along with it?
Want to trade? See my Trade Station or send me a PM.
a-chan
chibi yaoi kitty

Post by a-chan »

No, you're free to do your wreath design digitally. However, if you make a real one and make photos of it, you have to include an actual name tag alongside in the photo itself.
Cyrrior
Black Ditto

Post by Cyrrior »

Yay, a contest! I'm not sure yet if I'll enter, but either way I'm already looking forward to all the entries (I hope there'll be a lot!) :)

I still have a question though:
If we do it digitally, how realistic does it have to be? Like ... are we allowed to do things (maybe pokemon-related) that aren't possible in real life? Or does it have to be something you could actually build?
Kaede

Post by Kaede »

Question.
It doesnt actually have to contain branches (like the traditional one)? Or should that be the basic material (in explanation, drawing or actually making a real one)? I saw lots of pictures on the internet, where not every wreath was made of branches.
Collections listed in my forum profile.
a-chan
chibi yaoi kitty

Post by a-chan »

Cyrrior wrote: December 7th, 2019, 10:36 am If we do it digitally, how realistic does it have to be? Like ... are we allowed to do things (maybe pokemon-related) that aren't possible in real life? Or does it have to be something you could actually build?
It has to be buildable.
Kaede wrote: December 7th, 2019, 7:29 pm It doesnt actually have to contain branches (like the traditional one)? Or should that be the basic material (in explanation, drawing or actually making a real one)? I saw lots of pictures on the internet, where not every wreath was made of branches.
Theoretically you can use any material you want. However, make sure not to let the christmas flair slip too much from it.
PokeTrade
Crazy collecting Chansey

Post by PokeTrade »

Art theft is forbidden in any way. You'll get punished with a temporarily ban if we find out that you didn't draw the entry yourself.

=> The entry must contain at least one Virtuadopt/Pokemon and clearly be christmas themed.

So we are allowed to use VA artwork as long as we credit the artist? But only VA artwork, not official Pokémon artwork?
My collections:
ImageImageImage
a-chan
chibi yaoi kitty

Post by a-chan »

VA artwork is fine, yes, official artwork, too.
KiraNear
Man of Mayhem

Post by KiraNear »

"If you decide to actually build the wreath"

Just to be sure: What do you mean with build? Actually using tree branches to form one or using a blank one and decorate it?
AdoptableImage
Avatar made by smilesupsidedown.
Picture in my signature made by Cyrrior.
a-chan
chibi yaoi kitty

Post by a-chan »

The task of the contest is to design one. So you can draw it on paper or digitally and explain it. You don't have to make a real one to enter, but it may help visualize the wreath.
KiraNear
Man of Mayhem

Post by KiraNear »

Yeah, I'm kinda bad when it comes to drawings. That's why I think about trying it with a real one, I just wasn't sure what you had in mind with the "build"-thing.
But yeah, maybe I just take my time and think more about it. I don't think my drawing skills are good enough that I really get a good chance to enter a higher win level this time, that's all.
AdoptableImage
Avatar made by smilesupsidedown.
Picture in my signature made by Cyrrior.
Akemie

Post by Akemie »

I noticed that some users highly referenced google images (I found the original ones - the users "copied" them/the poses, shadows etc are the same). Is this allowed? (I always knew this as art theft >w<)
Adoptable Image Adoptable
ImageImageImage
pixels by King-Lulu-Deer (DA)
a-chan
chibi yaoi kitty

Post by a-chan »

Copying them 1:1 is art theft, yes.
a-chan
chibi yaoi kitty

Post by a-chan »

Small update: I'm almost done with judging :3 currently I'm preparing for midterm exams, so I'll need another week or two.