Christmas contest 2013

Only Official Contests, managed by Virtuadopt staff belong here.
sunfire103

Re: Christmas contest 2013

Post by sunfire103 »

Now they I entered for the photo, do you have to include artwork from official pokemon site, or it just has to do with pokemon in general? For example not just virtuadopt artwork that isn't necessarily pokemon like items etc.

EDIT: Sorry if they is already answered. I did try to read everything beforehand... Fought with my graphics program for awhile (doesn't like windows 7), so hoping I didn't overlook any details.
[center]Collecting Absols and Sharpedos,...
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Need more to Click?[/center]
Siegj
Queen Bear

Post by Siegj »

sunfire103, it's in the rules;

3) You may make use of official VA artwork and official pokémon artwork

so it's not obligated, but you're allowed.
Adoptable
[center]Siegj's Trade StationImage[/center]
sunfire103

Post by sunfire103 »

Siegj,

Thanks :) Sorry I know you are getting a lot of silly questions. I took it that way at first so I didn't even hunt down official pokemon site pics. Then got concerned since the other says has to do with christmas AND virtuadopts AND pokemon. Just kind of figured virtuadopts is all about pokemon, so wasn't sure. Good to know I don't have to change my picture. Good luck with the judging :)
[center]Collecting Absols and Sharpedos,...
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Need more to Click?[/center]
Akemie

Post by Akemie »

I have a great idea, but I need snow xD
Hopefully it will snow in the next days or I have to edit it digitally -_-

let it snow, let it snow, let it snow ♪ ♫ ♪
Adoptable Image Adoptable
ImageImageImage
pixels by King-Lulu-Deer (DA)
Curan

Post by Curan »

Nice Idea with the Photo manipulation!

Akemie, Here it's nearly the same. I have such good Pics from last January with snow, but can't use them. And I can't make them new, with the Tag, because we have no snow XD
Adoptable Curan's Trade Station Adoptable
Collecting Starry Duosion! and some more ^^
Rocko82

Post by Rocko82 »

Cool! Very nice promo :) I will give my best 8-)
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
blue4nic
Vollzeitmama

Post by blue4nic »

can I use individual parts of official images of the anime?

here an example of what I mean pictures

http://www.pokemon.com/de/tv-episodes/s ... mon-kampf/
I collect all Evolutions of this:
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
queenie
Sassy Pants

Post by queenie »

blue4nic, yes, as long as it is an official artwork it should be okay.
ptoung

Post by ptoung »

Um somebody earlier asked if they can use legendaries.I wish I thought of the idea first.Now I cn't use it too.P.s Can I p.m the story.I might have trouble with spoilers,and even though it wasn't my idea can I use legends too.Probably no right
Siegj
Queen Bear

Post by Siegj »

ptoung, you can also use legends, as long as you don't copy someone elses story.
Adoptable
NanamiChan

Post by NanamiChan »

Uhm, do you have to see the Virtuadopt/Username sign on the manipulated photo too?
Clickbox | Trade Station
▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬

ImageAdoptableImage
ptoung

Post by ptoung »

Do yuo have to take the photo ourself becaus where am I supposed to get a pokemon picture.
queenie
Sassy Pants

Post by queenie »

NanamiChan, if it's recognizable as the original photo, then it's alright if it's not there.

ptoung, read the rules please.
Cat_dream

Post by Cat_dream »

Curan, same here... i was waiting until now, because i hoped for snow to enter the photo contest... unfortunately there was no snow... :cry: and the pictures i took in canada i can not use, because there is no tag with my virtualadopt name on it... so now i have to make something else...

is it possible to use the snow from the picture i made in canada to the picture i'll take for the entry? so, that i use more than one picture and put elements inside the one with the tag?
Please click me ♥ ==>AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable

Siegj
Queen Bear

Post by Siegj »

Cat_dream, well you need to have a tag on the original photo. After that you can do whatever you want. Maybe it's possible to put the snow on it with an effect.
Adoptable
Cat_dream

Post by Cat_dream »

so, ready... i hope i'm still in time for the entry....
Please click me ♥ ==>AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable

Taja

Post by Taja »

We still have some hours left, right?
Misiro

Post by Misiro »

Taja wrote:We still have some hours left, right?
It is 4:40 PM in UTC+1 Time zone so I think you still have time. :)
ImageImage
Thanks to Beerchen for awesome signature :)
Mithos
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Post by Mithos »

Spoiler:
A Christmas wonder?

The heat and the warming light from the fireplace emanates in every corner of the big decorated room and kind of competes with the weak shimmer coming off from the
old and used candles which decorate the beautiful Christmas tree and let the small place under it seem like a warm and safe place to rest for a while.
In the middle of this cozy room stands a table laid with everything one could imagine. Plum pudding, heated apples and so much more to convince you to
stay a bit longer and enjoy the christmas spirit that surrounds you.
If it wouldn't be for three Pokemon sitting at that table and going for all the dishes, you could think this place never changes and kind of stays paradisiac
like it seems forever.
Well, to be honest it's just two of them. The third one, a more introverted Meowth, sits a bit apart from them and watches them eat, a bit disgusted, a bit fascinated.
Cyndaquil, a little naive, but heartwarming all in all, speaks up: ,, Hey Meowth, come over, you'll miss the best parts of the dishes if just stay there watching.''
,,Absolutely!'', Makuhita adds, ''...and you know, when I start eating, you have to hurry up!''. It did more sound like he was munching than speaking.
,,No thank you, I don't need some of your food. I'll be okay by myself.'', he answered, ''I just hate Christmas. I hate the trees, I hate this decorating stuff,
and the most I hate this feeling that everybody has to be happy and joyful.''
Silence was in the air and covered everything like a thick layer you could go through with a knife and cut it in pieces. Meowth was never one of the
happy ones. He was more like arrogant and an eremite.''
,,And this year I'll go for the Pokedollars and you won't change my mind.'' , Meowth said. A sigh was to hear coming from the little hedgehog which stopped
eating. ''Meowth, it's Christmas, why don't you stop being so selfish?!'', he said.

Let me tell you what it is about:
In this little town where they are living, they have a tradition of going the mountain nearby to talk to Jirachi, a cute, little and rare Pokemon which
lives alone. It is said that the slips hanging on its head contain magical powers. Once a year, at Christmas, they wander up to the mountain to see Jirachi
sleeping and tell it their wishes and they hope that it hears their voices to fulfill that wish with its slips. Of course it is more like superstition but its
the idea of a ritual.

And so our three heros start to make themselves ready for going to the mountain.
''I didn't ask you what you'll wish this year Cynda! What is it?'', Makuhita asked. ''Mom needs more charcoal to heat our house so I'm going for this!''
''Such a nice idea! I wish I had an oven in which my parents could bake the most delicious things everyone in the town, that would be great.'' Makuhita said with a big grin
on his face imagining the joy he would have.
Meowth walked a bit apart from them in the apocalpyse-like snowstorm, sunken in his own thoughts about how stupid their wishes are. You could buy all these things with Pokedollars and could keep them
for yourself. Why should you be sharing your things? Everyone can get their own things if they need them so bad. Since no one raised him or loved him,
he didn't understand why everyone was so emotional at this time of the year. He has always been better on his own and didn't need anyone to help him.

A loud scream ripped him from his thoughts and he immediately extended his claws and tensed up his hole body. Cyndaquil was no where to see and Makuhita
stood there all alone, quite shocked and unable to move. The small hedgehog slipped a glacier and squalled in pain. It seemed like it broke its small leg.
Makuhita reacted quite fast and took the small Pokemon between his arms and shouted to Meowth: ''Let's go to the cave nearby an find some shelter!''

And so they did. Still shocked about the incident, Makuhita places the small Pokemon on the cold stony soil and started to warm the hedgehog. Meowth suddenly
realized how cold he felt and looked over them, a bit longing yet insecure.
''Don't sit there watching, come over.'', Makuhita said and opened its big arms to welcome Meowth in his warmth.
Meowth hesitated but then crawled over and snuggled up to it. He thought about how nice they are to him and how ugly he was to them in return.
And he felt the little body of Cyndaquil shaking. He had to something. He waited until Makuhita and Cyndaquil fell asleep and crawled out of the cave and started
to make his way alone up to he mountain. He fought against the heavy snow fall which whipped against his face and told him ''Go away, turn around, you are not supposed to be here.''
He endured and walked, and endured an walked. He had to get to the top of the mountain to help his friends this one time. Did he call them friends in his mind?
How did that happen? Whilst he was irritated by his own thoughts he reached the top and saw a small entrance.
He felt relieve when he reached it but quickly went through to the middle of a big chamber.

And there it layed. A petite, gentle Pokemon whith a yellow starlike head and a fragile looking body. It slept like it was in peace with everything.
The slips form its head shimmered in the reflecting light of the crystals around it.
''Why are you here?'', asked a loud voice coming from everywhere.
''I'm here to ask you to grant me a wish!'' Meowth said with confidence. ''I want you to save my friends! They're hurt and cold!''
''I think I cannot do this for you...'', the voice answered. ''Why not??'' ''They need to be here.''
Meowth was desperate but came up with a new idea: ''Please help me to evolve so I can become Persian to save them on my back!''
And suddenly he felt a strange warmth flowing through his body and everything in his body changed and he felt like he was newborn. And there he was. Made anew with a new look and new skills.
He didn't hesitate and started running to his friends who froze in the cold. He put them on his back started to run to the city as fast as he could.

Days later Cyndaquil and Makuhita were fine again and happier than ever before. Not just because they were safe, but because they got a new friend: Persian.
And Persian for himself now understood why his friends were so excited about Christmas: Because the strange but nice feeling heat that went through him wasn't
the feeling of the evolution but of the thought that now he had friends which he could help.
And nobody ever knew that Jirachi didn't ever grant him a wish. It was the power of Meowth itself which granted him his evolution.
One could say, this was more like a Christmas wonder.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
KevinXDE

Post by KevinXDE »

I couldn't entry, I didn't have time :S
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
I collect Tentacool, Lotad and Evolutions. Visit my Trade Station
Feel free to PM at any time :3