Web Design Contest

Only Official Contests, managed by Virtuadopt staff belong here.
Dustydragon
Lover of Wooper

Re: Web Design Contest

Post by Dustydragon »

LucianoRocha wrote:Ellie, I can to use blogspot?

ChiipS, :|
I would like this question answered please, as I am sure so would LucianoRocha ;)
AdoptableAdoptable AdoptableAdoptable
click the banner to be taken to my box 1 :)
AzukiSlingby

Post by AzukiSlingby »

I'll try my best...! i wanna enter...! but i am very bad i can't coding..!
queenie
Sassy Pants

Post by queenie »

Dustydragon wrote:

I would like this question answered please, as I am sure so would LucianoRocha ;)
I am unfamiliar with blogspot, but the rules state:

1.a You may use a website builder such as freewebs.com but you must include what builder tools you used in your post. You don't have to code everything by hand if you're not great at coding (creativity of the site idea will be weighted more than your coding skills), but you must tell us what you used. Same goes with layouts, you must tell me where you got it, and everything you use must be 100% free-to-use.
Azazael

Post by Azazael »

Ellie, but then doing a web design contest? Well i understand your point of view that their have been many art contests in the past...but to be true that idea is not better;( Even if i like the thought behind it. There are people who totally have no single idea about creating a web page so those people to have no chance to get the promo as well. And well...about judging: you say everytime people with the same talent wins...then maybe you guys should change the jury once in a while because other people have another taste then the current jury maybe. With that everyone gets a chance!

No, that is wrong. As I said before, you have to create a whole imprint: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ ... acy_policy like this for example or this http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ ... disclaimer It is not enough to only say that the copyright is up to nintendo.
I have my own website so far, not about pokemon, but we too work with sources from other companies. So you definetly should post that to the rules so far.

EDIT: Maybe with the next art contest, you should let the users judge the best picture;) the pics with the most votes gets the price.
-very rare active-quitting VA-
PokeTrade
Crazy collecting Chansey

Post by PokeTrade »

Azazael, Look at the copyright of this site for Pokemon, very small and did they ever get problems? No, so I think you shouldn't worry about that. About privacy etc; this site just uses a standard page I think, that comes with the forum software. You can find free to use examples of this kind of pages.

And about letting users vote, sorry but I think that the 'most befriended/known/famous' will win. Doesn't matter if we know who made it or not. People will always be possible to tell others which entry is theirs (via other websites e.g., so no one would notice).
My collections:
ImageImageImage
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

Azazael, why are you complaining so much about this? if you have your own website and coding skills then you already have an advantage over others to getting the top prize. It is okay to switch things up once in a while. also, if you are that worried about it, then maybe include that information on your entry so you can rest soundly and have a complete valid entry.
^
I'm still not 100 percent sure what you mean by this though because i'm having a hard time understanding your grammar.

And no. letting the users vote is an absolute horrible idea. only the most popular person on VA will win. How is that fair in any way?
Adoptable
KevinXDE

Post by KevinXDE »

I don't have much time and I'm not experienced in doing websites, but the Promo is amazing D:, so I'll try it!
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
I collect Tentacool, Lotad and Evolutions. Visit my Trade Station
Feel free to PM at any time :3
Azazael

Post by Azazael »

mauwie, PokeTrade, about the thing with the judgement: ".... people with the same talents always win and people who aren't talented with art have no chance. This is to give different people a chance to shine....." See my point here. Elly said that, it is not from me. She said people with the same talent always win, and VA nearly has the same persons joining a contest...for me that simply means that always the same persons are able to win and if you look around that always happens (at least in my point of view). And that only happens because the same people are judging everytime. If you remember the christmas event last year, many people wanted another VA to win the contest. So i guess it would be nice if the admins would let the users vote once in a while.

And about the imprint, i said everything. It is meaningless if other sites do it so or so...the law is clear in that point. I am complaining because we have people under 18 here at VA. Who takes responisibility if something happens with the websites? In that short time they can be haked or anything else. You never know. I know it myself because we got an E-Mail so far to delete a picture because we had no imprint or else they call a lawyer;) That is why I am complaining. My site is very small and just online since july. Hope you guys get my point of view now.

And mauwie, yes i can do coding and i can use HTML...but it makes no advantage because you will not know which people the users call for help to design the webpage for the contest;D
-very rare active-quitting VA-
Ellie
HBIC

Post by Ellie »

Azazael wrote:mauwie, PokeTrade, about the thing with the judgement: ".... people with the same talents always win and people who aren't talented with art have no chance. This is to give different people a chance to shine....." See my point here. Elly said that, it is not from me. She said people with the same talent always win, and VA nearly has the same persons joining a contest...for me that simply means that always the same persons are able to win and if you look around that always happens (at least in my point of view). And that only happens because the same people are judging everytime. If you remember the christmas event last year, many people wanted another VA to win the contest. So i guess it would be nice if the admins would let the users vote once in a while.
No, the reason why the same people always win is not because of the judges. If you haven't noticed we have had different staff members have judged and in the art based contests the same people will almost always get top scores because they are good at art.

And I seriously can't believe people are still complaining about the Christmas contest. It was over a year ago. Drop it already. We are absolutely never having member voting because it would be 100% a popularity contest.
And about the imprint, i said everything. It is meaningless if other sites do it so or so...the law is clear in that point. I am complaining because we have people under 18 here at VA. Who takes responisibility if something happens with the websites? In that short time they can be haked or anything else. You never know. I know it myself because we got an E-Mail so far to delete a picture because we had no imprint or else they call a lawyer;) That is why I am complaining. My site is very small and just online since july. Hope you guys get my point of view now.
I can barely even understand what you are trying to say but I will reply to what I think you said. I am also the head admin on serebii forums and very close friends with the webmaster of serebii.net, the top Pokemon news site. Apart from leaks which no one on va should have access to anyway, what I said is enough. If you got a cease and desist you must have done something else wrong.

As for hacking, it's also possible to break into a photobucket/deviantart/etc account and that was never a problem.
And mauwie, yes i can do coding and i can use HTML...but it makes no advantage because you will not know which people the users call for help to design the webpage for the contest;D
They had better not be asking you for help because it says right in the rules it must be coded by one person. Helping or receiving help from another user will result in a dq and ban.

This topic is for questions and discussion about the topic, not for complaining. The contest is happening and that is not going to change. Any more complaining or whining about the contest choice will be treated as spam and may be warned or deleted, so cut it out. Some people are actually excited about the contest and we aren't going to let negativity ruin it before we even have entires.
Spoiler:
Please click box 1 & sig!
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Trading Box 13 for Clefairy/Easter Exeggcute/Xmas Sudowoodo
Trade
Yarold's
LucianoRocha

Post by LucianoRocha »

sethless wrote:
Dustydragon wrote:

I am unfamiliar with blogspot, but the rules state:

1.a You may use a website builder such as freewebs.com but you must include what builder tools you used in your post. You don't have to code everything by hand if you're not great at coding (creativity of the site idea will be weighted more than your coding skills), but you must tell us what you used. Same goes with layouts, you must tell me where you got it, and everything you use must be 100% free-to-use.
sorry, but yes or no? blogspot is for to create blog.. and no site, then I not understand... ^^'
Collecting:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
queenie
Sassy Pants

Post by queenie »

I'm going to say it's ok, assuming it's more than you're doing writing stuff.
blue4nic
Vollzeitmama

Post by blue4nic »

I have a few questions:

After the contest end I would delete my contribution from the webspace again. how long should the contribution be available after the contest?

Can I use my own adoptables link to the page, so they can be clicked?

1.a .... Same goes with layouts, you must tell me where you got it, and everything you use must be 100% free-to-use.
When I program the site itself, then I think the layout itself out. Consequently would have to be in the credits: Layout of me, right?
2. You must include at least one special Virtuadopt in your website, the word "Virtuadopt," and your VA username.
the special Virtuadopt must be clickable, so you will be forwarded to virtuadopt.com or is this the picture?
6. You may only enter one website. If you wish you may show beta stages and have multiple pages and sections on your websites, but you can only enter one finished product of a website.
The site will consist of several clickable pages or only one?
I collect all Evolutions of this:
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Ellie
HBIC

Post by Ellie »

blue4nic wrote:I have a few questions:

After the contest end I would delete my contribution from the webspace again. how long should the contribution be available after the contest?
You should leave it up until the results are posted. Since there are two of us judging we should be done quickly. After judging is over you can delete it if you want.
Can I use my own adoptables link to the page, so they can be clicked?
Are you asking if you can put your VA links on the page? If so, yes, you can.
1.a .... Same goes with layouts, you must tell me where you got it, and everything you use must be 100% free-to-use.
When I program the site itself, then I think the layout itself out. Consequently would have to be in the credits: Layout of me, right?
If you made it yourself you don't need to give credit to yourself.
2. You must include at least one special Virtuadopt in your website, the word "Virtuadopt," and your VA username.
the special Virtuadopt must be clickable, so you will be forwarded to virtuadopt.com or is this the picture?
It doesn't have to be clickable. You can draw your own fan art of a special VA if you wish. It just has to include the concept of one of the special VAs.
6. You may only enter one website. If you wish you may show beta stages and have multiple pages and sections on your websites, but you can only enter one finished product of a website.
The site will consist of several clickable pages or only one?
It says right in the section you quoted.
If you wish you may show beta stages and have multiple pages and sections on your websites,
Spoiler:
Please click box 1 & sig!
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Trading Box 13 for Clefairy/Easter Exeggcute/Xmas Sudowoodo
Trade
Yarold's
PokeTrade
Crazy collecting Chansey

Post by PokeTrade »

One more question for the layout, I found a kinda 'extreme' one that I would like to use. It's free to use if I give credit to the site I got it from. But it's more then just colors/fonts etc. as I told. It also includes some simple Jquery effects etc. (Slides, Toggles).

Can I maybe PM one of you with a link to the layout? I can explain you then what's all included. Or is it ok when I list all the effects I used? Like in the rules, when you use a builder like freewebs you state which tools you used?
My collections:
ImageImageImage
KevinXDE

Post by KevinXDE »

I have a question, it must be an adoptable site? Or it can be a forum or a blog? (Altought maybe I'll make an adoptable site if it looks cool)

Edit: Sorry, I didn't see this in the firts post until now :S
I collect Tentacool, Lotad and Evolutions. Visit my Trade Station
Feel free to PM at any time :3
blue4nic
Vollzeitmama

Post by blue4nic »

would it be possible to get the signature from the VA banner "Virtuadopt Gotta adopt 'em all" as file?
Liirah
Shark Prince

Post by Liirah »

blue4nic, if I'm not mistaken, I still should have saved the .psd file of the banner somewhere on my computer. I shall check into it when I get home this evening and send over the lettering, then.
Last edited by Liirah on October 9th, 2013, 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage
blue4nic
Vollzeitmama

Post by blue4nic »

Liirah, thanx
Liirah
Shark Prince

Post by Liirah »

blue4nic, there you go.
ImageImageImageImageImage
blue4nic
Vollzeitmama

Post by blue4nic »

Liirah, thanx, So I can get my contest homepage ready.