A Special Kind of Contest - Winner #2

Only Official Contests, managed by Virtuadopt staff belong here.
Akemie

Re: A Special Kind of Contest - Winner #2

Post by Akemie »

yes, it's a really well made Promo, I like it a lot^^

but I "hate" (sorry) the way to get it. it's a little bit unfair to the new users on VA and it would be better, if every user only could get 1 normal and 1 shiny promo. you see, the same persons are getting it again and again and the users, which haven't got so much money, don't have any chance to get one. :/

but all in all it is a nice idea and cratz and thanks to copperbat for such creativity (:
Adoptable Image Adoptable
ImageImageImage
pixels by King-Lulu-Deer (DA)
LucianoRocha

Post by LucianoRocha »

Akemie, signed, with limit will be best. ^^'
Collecting:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sabbo
Like a boss

Post by Sabbo »

Akemie wrote:yes, it's a really well made Promo, I like it a lot^^

but I "hate" (sorry) the way to get it. it's a little bit unfair to the new users on VA and it would be better, if every user only could get 1 normal and 1 shiny promo. you see, the same persons are getting it again and again and the users, which haven't got so much money, don't have any chance to get one. :/

but all in all it is a nice idea and cratz and thanks to copperbat for such creativity (:
yeah, totally agree with you, limited raffle wins would solve this, it is a pain to spend thousands of pokedollars and seeing the same names on the list every time.

I would narrow the participation to 3 times, so you are able to get the normal and the shiny one and one spare for trading.
AdoptableAdoptable
LucianoRocha

Post by LucianoRocha »

Sabbo, only limite for 2 won (normal and shiny) and how many to want in trade. ;) ~~will be nice.
Collecting:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lightzelda

Post by Lightzelda »

Sabbo, Thats I great idea! :D
ImageAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Made by Black Kyurem
Alive

Post by Alive »

To unite poor people within our VA-nation?
Count me in ^_^
Spoiler:
0 Rh(+)音隠れの里
Spoiler:
AdoptableAdoptable
In nomine patris et fillii et spiritus sancti
Azazael

Post by Azazael »

i would agree to that, i also am tired to see the same names in the list over and over, there is no chance for those who have not so much time for VA and do not have a million pokedollar to get the promo^^
-very rare active-quitting VA-
Eule

Post by Eule »

Totally agree, this is really frustrating. And even there is no limit, some users should holding back a little bit to others let a chance. ^^
Catslover
I <3 Shiny's

Post by Catslover »

I also agree ^^
I'm not jealous, but I think it's more fair to limit it
I'm also not saying that it is not fair at the moment
You worked really hard for the big amount of money
And it must be really nice to win more then 1
But I also like the limit :)

Maybe it's a good idea ^^
What does the staff thinks about it? :)
:king: AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable :wub:
Sabbo
Like a boss

Post by Sabbo »

also not jealous but i spent lots of bucks now and again, nothing, but the same person on top again :cry:

I don't get why someone has to participate so many times sorry...looks greedy to me...
AdoptableAdoptable
UkeSora
The Sidekick

Post by UkeSora »

We have a limit. Really, if there are users who win several times, it's not like we choose them by hand. They pay their fair share of money for the raffle, but there are other winners, too, who don't buy that many tickets.

You could always try to ask the users directly what they need that many Promos for. Maybe they collect them for friends?
If not, asking them nicely to keep it at a lower level might be more useful than complaining and wanting to enforce a new rule limit.
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

Before you get too upset, make sure to check this awesome contest Liirah came up with to win your very own shiny version ^^
http://www.virtuadopt.com/forum/viewtop ... 18&t=17736
Adoptable
Sabbo
Like a boss

Post by Sabbo »

i think all users spend their money fairly, when participating at the raffle....

i'am not talking about cheating or privilegs...

i don't think, i have to ask nicely, since to me this is selfish and greedy, impolite behavior to participate once again, if you already own about 5 of the promos...

Lots of people stop participating, when they own the normal and shiny version, for me it would be given to stop also, to give others a chance.

There are also people, who make lotteries for the promos, kudos to them, but i'am mainly angry about people who already own about 5 promos and still participating.

whats the limit? 10 participations, didn't know there even is one oO

and about the trading thing....they only want my shiny starters for it, don't think its fair at all...
AdoptableAdoptable
Eule

Post by Eule »

I think its obvious that some users are just greedy. I'm not jealous or something, it ist like in the real world. Money rules.

It is a little bit naive to think that user will answer you the question why they need some promos. Some will surely never say the truth that they're are only want as much as they can get.

I dont want to argue or attack someone, but this had to be said.

Nice evening ^^'
copperbat

Post by copperbat »

hmmmm... i´m kinda frustrated myself BUT:

a friend if mine won one of the very first keldeos (with a raffle-ticketentry of 6000 or more) and just spent 12 tickets on that ;)

plus i ONLY entered the contest to make my GF happy and suprisingly won... but she has just no luck in raffle and finally decided to try her luck with lirahs contest ;) (she once had a 80% chance after buying 900 tickets! bad luck girl XD but thats life...^^")

plus - i noticed that some of the eternal winners gave their keldeos away to close friends...

plus - some people seem to love keldeo so much that they are okay with spending that much money in buying raffle-tickets... it is a fair thing and to look at my lucky friend - it sometimes even works with 1 ticket...^^

copper
Liffy
Tiempos De Furia

Post by Liffy »

*snort* Okay, I quit for now. It's impossible to get a Keldeo by myself. I haven't time to click day by day 'cause I have also a real life and I need my whole concentration for school. I know it's just a matter of luck but I'm tired to see everytime the same names in the winner list. I spend so much money in this raffle without a success. Good luck to all who tries as hard as me to win a Keldeo. I'm not your competitor anymore.
♫ Manipulate the pulse, the pattern, the rhythm ♫
♪ Dominate the beat ♪

♪ Manipulate the pulse, the pattern, the beat ♪
♫ Dominate the world ♫
TsukinoRan
魂を放浪

Post by TsukinoRan »

So, my two-cents on the situation in the raffle at the moment:

I don't have anything against users who win multiple times. They have the money for that, so
if they want, they can get that many tickets and try to win in the raffle.
However....and that's one really big however now:
I don't really think it's fair by doing that (buying hundreds or even thousands of tickets) when a special dex promo is featured in the raffle; especially if you already have one of it (or two of it, in this case, shiny and not shiny one). The raffle is enough trouble as it is now for users with a low money amount; and even if they want to click or do click a lot, it can be that their earned money isn't enough for winning.
I know that there are no rules regarding fairness on any online adoption site like VA or on the forums....but there are always the unwritten community rules that one should abide to.
True, you can always choose to not do that, but then, you also have to live with the consequences of being criticised for your doings, since not everyone will think that it's okay.

And I, for myself, think that it's also not okay to delete posts of users (yesterday I did see one post, that had already vanished when I woke up this morning) who want to say their opinion in an objective way.
After all, isn't VA an online community? Isn't it made for talking with each other when you want to trade something or just chat?
Sure, there are always posts that aren't that nice for the staff.
However, if worded in a mostly objective way, I think they should be an assistance for the team to make things better.
But when they are deleted, users will have the opinion that the staff doesn't want to hear feedback at all.
Also, since there are users who fear for their account because of saying something negative - namely, a critique - in an objective way, doesn't make the situation any better at all.
At this rate, it isn't a community anymore, if you don't listen to most of the users.
Criticism is always necessary for further developing a community, be it a good or a bad one.
Both of them are needed in a community, especially if it is focused on really interacting with others.

As some of you may also know, I did pay for the server in the past years, before the premium accounts were activated for the first time.
I did get a lifetime premium account for that - however, as you can see, I don't have an orange name anymore.
I discarded it because it's not fitting for me, since I don't pay for premium and the blue donator rank suits me much better in that way.
I was also willing to take up further server costs - I still am - but not under the circumstances of losing the right to speak something out, if it is needed.

As I said, that is what I personally think about the situation in the moment.
I don't want to attack someone with that; however, I find it necessary that objective posts should be responded to and not be deleted.