A Special Kind of Contest - Entries

Only Official Contests, managed by Virtuadopt staff belong here.
Ginta

Re: A Special Kind of Contest - Entries

Post by Ginta »

Entering for Category 2

After I tried a lot and wasn't good at all, I decided to enter category 2 (my drawings suck >-<)
so here is just a sketch of my idea:
Spoiler:
Happy Larvesta

The Idea:
It's simple. It is just a Larvesta with a big bow around his body. (I think the bow should have a simliar color to it's "horns")

Somehow Larvesta just reminded myself of those stars, some people put on top of their christmas trees~ It's "horns" just looks like spikes of a star ^__^
So I thought it would fit into that christmas-theme.

Of course the color could be yellow too (like a star and actually like the shiny form of it!)

Special Dex Entry:
Larvesta tried to climb up the Christmas Tree and was catched in a bow. But how can it come off again?
blue4nic
Vollzeitmama

Post by blue4nic »

here are my entrie for

2. Submitting an idea for a potential VA

I was hoping the last couple of years that there are times special promos that go together. similar to the valantine nidorans. So my idea here. there boxing in the pokemon always 4 per row, one might indeed make four special promos to a picture. I thought as a Santa Claus with his sleigh profitable. because I can not draw so well, I just simply traced the sake of being able to explain in more detail just about my idea. as Santa Claus of course you can also take any other pokemon. reindeer as I thought of sawsbuck. could sawsbuck each of the 3 to make a different color. the last sawsbuck what attracts so the sled will get a red nose like Rudolph the reindeer. the feet of the sawsbuck should look for so suspended. rudolph in the movie it looks so than when they run, the whole case only with the air. it can foot movements of each sawsbuck different. once widely held and then closely consulted.
Spoiler:
250x250
Image Image Image
100x100
Image Image Image
40x40
Image Image
and so should the whole then look at the end in a row.
I collect all Evolutions of this:
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Deidei-chan

Post by Deidei-chan »

Entry for category 1:

Werewolf Zoroark
For example, for Halloween

250x250
Normal and Shiny

Image Image

100x100
Normal and Shiny

Image Image

40x40

Dex Entry

[coming soon]
Please click: My Box 1&2 & the box from Jakku
Mona0815
LOTURZEL!!!

Post by Mona0815 »

Hi :)
So, here is my entry for the second category, submitting an idea for a potential VA:

My potential VA is showing a Skitty with a Santa Hat on its head, which is sitting in a Christmas Stocking with some Cookies.

Of course the Skitty has its typical pink-yellow colors. There's a smile in its face, because it is very happy about the Christmas Cookies it has found in the Stocking.
It holds the Cookies in its little paws. In the Sketch they're potrayed very simple, but if the artist wanted to, they could be drawn with some chocolate chips or sprinkles on it, or maybe they could make them shaped in a special way.

The Christmas Stocking is red with a white, fluffy brim, the same as the Santa Clause Hat, which is worn by Skitty. It's christmas after all and skitty has been excited for it just like the others!
On the right side of the Christmas Stocking hangs a mistletoe. Its leaves are in a shiny green and the round, little berries are red.

Skitty's tail which is supposed to hang out of the stocking, can be left out if it isn't looking right in the picture or can't be displayed properly. I just found it cute and added it to the sketch!

Special Dex Entry:
Look what Skitty found in the Christmas Stocking! Certainly it is very happy about this early Christmas Present.

Sketch:
Spoiler:
Last edited by Mona0815 on November 24th, 2012, 3:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ei only miss you when I´m BREEEDIIIIING
White_Kurai
Aisler x Cain

Post by White_Kurai »

My little X-Mas (Shiny) Leafeon <3
ImageImageImageImage

~<> Looking for Shiny Shinx, Espurr, Poochyena, Houndour and Zorua <>~
Taka Edakumi

Post by Taka Edakumi »

Going with number 2, because I know this isn't good enough to use straight off, especially since everyone else's are so much better drawn than mine.

I know my art is pretty sloppy, but here's my idea. I think it's a bit amusing because Igglybuff has always somewhat resembled not only a balloon but a marshmallow.

It's... Cocoa Igglybuff!

It was extremely hard to make this but I really liked the idea so I set to work sketching with a pencil then taking a picture of it with a digital camera. After that I uploaded it, traced over it and colored the picture. I then added the finishing touches such as shadows and shiny spots.

Here's the sketch on paper in case anyone was wanting to see it (know that it will take forever to load):
Spoiler:
I suppose the description would be... "Make sure to blow on it so you don't burn yourself, Igglybuff!"
Pronto

Post by Pronto »

I choose to enter for the nr 1. Creating the entire VA!

Decided to use a Croconaw cause I love Croconaw and I dont think there are any special Croconaw VA o:

250x250

Original : Image Shiny : Image

100x100
Original : Image Shiny : Image

50x50 Icon
ImageImage

Pokedex :
Looks like Croconaw found the plate of Christmas cookies, couldn't keep his hands off them!
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable

<3
Eleve

Post by Eleve »

[250x250]
normal
shiny

[100x100]
normal
shiny

[40x40]
Image Image

pokedex :
Every year at christmas time, raichu loves to play with the Christmas decorations.
Ecco
** TROPIUS **

Post by Ecco »

2. Submitting an idea for a potential VA

Hi artists here my little contribution to the contest:
Sableye
It digs branching holes in caves using its sharp claws in search of food-(xmas) food. A SABLEYE lurks in darkness and is seen only rarely.
My idea was to replace the gems for xmas icons i made the sableye black because its looks nice for the dark days before xmas. And i have read it likes dark places..
I used the software paint to make it all together and used Cucu Tudor-Ionel and the InstaTuts.com icons for free! to download and you can use them in any application whether it’s personal or commercial

I have seen so many nice entries i hope you like my idea
Eminos

Post by Eminos »

1. Creating the entire VA

I've made a work and I think it's (quite) good. I hope you like it

Name: Christmas tree Foongus
Normal art: Image
Shiny art: Image
Dex avatar: Image

Descrip: It's a special Foongus that grows only in Christmas Night.

Maybe you will be able to decorate it like sudowoodo, if you think that it's too poor...
SaikaSayuri
~ petit phoque solitaire ~

Post by SaikaSayuri »

Here is my entry for the second cathegory: Submitting an idea for a potential VA

My idea is a Juggling Seel. You know, like the sealions in the circus that juggle with a ball on their nose.

My Seel is not juggling with a ball, but with Christmas tree ball ornament. The Christmas tree ball ornament is not a normal one, it looks like a Spheal. Well, it's rather a Spheal that looks like a Christmas tree ball ornament^^
Spoiler for Here is my sketch:
It's a baby Spheal that thought it would be fun to be a Christmas tree ball ornament^^
In my sketch, the seel is just throwing the spheal from its tail fin to its head. (I wanted to have the spheal on the nose of the seel, but I didn't manage to draw it like this^^")

Now some details:
normal version: The seel and the little Spheal look like the normal ones (concerning the colours). Santas' cap on the head of the seel is red with a white pompon, like a normal Santa cap.
The stars on the Spheal are yellow and the fir under its mouth is green.

shiny version: The seel and the Spheal look like the shiny versions of them. And the colours of the Santa cap, the stars and the fir should be the same as in the normal version, but a bit darker. For example: colour of normal Santa cap, colour of shiny Santa cap

Pokédex name: Christmas Juggling Seel

Pokédex entry: Seel likes playing with balls, but juggling with a Christmas tree ball ornament is even better =) Though... this is not a Christmas ornament but a little baby Spheal! Never mind, it's funny anyway.. at least for the seel.

If there are any questions, feel free to ask me =)
Friendcode X: 1263-6717-8653 (Safari Type Psychic)| PM when you add me :)
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
You can use Yarold's for leveling faster (it's free)
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
TheRaven

Post by TheRaven »

Option 1: Creating the entire VA

[250x250]

[100x100]

[40x40]
Image Image
Pokédex Entry:
Looks like a certain snake has a sweet tooth!
Adoptable Image Adoptable
Lenexia

Post by Lenexia »

Alrighty here I go
Ugly Sweater Bisharp

Original (since when I resized it it kinda messed up the resolution)

250x250
ImageImage

100x100
ImageImage

Pokédex Icon

Pokédex Entry
Poor Bisharp, it got this really nice sweater as present but its blades tore it apart...
EDIT: Made the background transparent.
Last edited by Lenexia on November 27th, 2012, 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Adoptable~Image~Adoptable~
MewMisaki
Flaushiram ♥

Post by MewMisaki »

Category 1 - Creating the entire VA

I decided to make a Christmas-themed Virtuadopt, simply because its fitting to the time of the year (I'm so looking forward to Christmas *-*). I tried my best to get as close to the current VA-style as I could. Programs used: Paint Tool Sai, Gimp

Poinsettia Angel Lilligant

[250x250]

ImageImage

The silver edition is the normal one and the gold edition is the shiny one.
I decided for silver and gold because these are the first colours that come into my mind when I think of angels and they are fitting pretty good for the Christmas time itself, too.

[100x100]

ImageImage

[40x40]

Image Image

[possible Dex entry]
That's a festive Lilligant. Did you know that the poinsettia on its head only blossoms during Christmas time?
AdoptableAdoptable
Bloodangel
Vampire of Darkness

Post by Bloodangel »

Category 1 - Creating the entire VA

Christmas Gift Eevee

250 x 250
Image Image

100x100

Image Image

40x40

Dex Entrie
This is the Christmas Gift Eevee! The special Eevee protects your gifts and ensures that you get them at Christmas.
Aruna
♥Red King Crab♥

Post by Aruna »

here is my idea for 2. Submitting an idea for a potential VA

it can be used for new years or birthday or summer event (hanabi).
and as whimsicott is my favourite pokémon, it has to be a whimsi ^^''
it is sitting on a rocket looking like this 'o_O', flying to the sky.

a text could be:
watch out, whimsicott!! don't burn yourself! you shouldn't be sitting on a rocket...

the whimsicott will have its normal colours, the rocket maybe in green with a yellow cap? and a shiny version the normal shiny colours of whimsi and the rocket maybe in yellow with a pink cap? leave it to your imagination XD
rise above
copperbat

Post by copperbat »

AHH I totally forgot about this. Hope it is not too late.
I wanted to take part in category 1, but now I don't have enough time, so its just category 2. Hope you like the sketch.

My Idea is: Wild West Keldeo
Spoiler:
It is colored like a normal Keldeo (you can make a shiny as well) with light brown/ochre clothes. The hat could be any color, but I thought black would fit for the red mane.

possible dex entry: Bandits, Outlaws, Cheaters...watch out! Wild West Keldeo is around!
Taja

Post by Taja »

Copperbat and me just realized, that the contest ended 27th and not 30th.

I really hope it is in time, because I always have problems with the timezones.

So I want to propose: Tinsel Joltik

Joltik is sitting on a cutout from a christmas tree branch and spinning a golden tinsel yarn (I mean this http://www.mottoparty.com/files/2012/08 ... d-1664.jpg) from his mandible to the branch. There are already some more yarns on the branch, so you can see Joltik is already working for a while. Joltik can be colored in his normal yellow, but I thought it would look nicer if its sparkles gold like the tinsel.
For the Shiny version you can use silver or any other typicall tinsel color.

dex entry: Joltik likes very individualistic christmas tree decoration.
Ellie
HBIC

Post by Ellie »

Aaaaand I remembered I have to close this right before going to bed. Thanks for the entries, judging will happen soon
Spoiler:
Please click box 1 & sig!
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Trading Box 13 for Clefairy/Easter Exeggcute/Xmas Sudowoodo
Trade
Yarold's