my art journey

Just show us what have you made lately. Nothing is needed, besides will to show us your creations.
mauwie
Snarky Shark

my art journey

Post by mauwie »

HELLO
i thought i would post this just to kind of share my new artwork and a reflection of what i improved. i started out by drawing maaaany pokemon, first on pen and paper then digital art. i also mimicked my favourite artists until i found my own style that i was comfortable with!

BEFORE
here are a few pokemon from my oldest pieces of digital art:
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Spoiler:
ImageImage
AFTER
these last three sections are my current style xD i love to change it up!

Cheeb style (my sloppiest one o:):
Spoiler:
ImageImageImageImageImagedrawing biiiiger is better
(you can tell i'm particularly fond of a certain species from dA xD)

my normal style:
bewareeee, these are the biggest images!
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
and lastlyyyy... my newest style, lineless! which i haven't had a chance to super practice, but this is the direction i really want to move my work *^*
Spoiler:
this post will probably will get left in the dust, but i love seeing before and after pictures, if anyone has those, feel free to post your older works versus your newer works! i would love to see your before and afters. and even give tips or receive helpful tips that you guys found on your art journey! always on the lookout to meet new artists and chat about nothing but art, drawing and characters!

ALSO!!!
I'm curious if anyone would be interested, i am thinking about posting a thread where we can discuss and come up with OC's of our adoptables? maybe sketch them out and bounce ideas off of eachother :D i think that would be totally rad.
if no one in interested, i might just post a thread anyway!
Adoptable
loly27

Re: my art journey

Post by loly27 »

Mauwie!! As usual your art is gorgeous. Especially your newer work. Keep it up :D
Cheers~
marumo

Post by marumo »

Although I love your new work, I have to say that litwick is fantastic!
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

wow Loly, it's been a long time since i've seen you on!! nice to see you back ;3 thank you so much, lately i've been having artist's block and motivational issues when it comes to drawing. it's been hard to overcome >:

boy from asension, thank you!! maybe i will try to redraw the litwick in my newer style :"D
Adoptable
loly27

Post by loly27 »

Hi Mauwie, I've just been really missing this site lately and it definitely seems to be not be as busy as it used to be. I was hoping with the sudden popularity of Pokemon Go that the site would attract some new users but I dunno anymore :<
I'm definitely going to try and be on this site a little more often.

If you're looking for motivation, maybe we could do an art trade or something? Maybe you could shoot me a pm or something and we could swap skype usernames (unless you're not comfortable with that, then I totally understand!)
Also, how long have you been a mod? 0-o
Cheers~
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

yeah, sure i'd be interested in an art trade! i generally don't use skype, i have one but i am just never on because i often find it's very laggy/freezes up my computer.

i think a little more life is popping back up here, which is rad, but it is definitely not the same activity as we used to have. and as for being a mod, i was one a few years ago and just recently became active again on here x3

anyway, i'll shoot you a pm with trade deets later, or if you wanna send me one, thats fine too!
((i'll probably have you draw either my jelly padder or pandora, but if those are too difficult, i have other characters you can draw instead! the art style i'll probably be using is my cheeb one))
Adoptable
loly27

Post by loly27 »

None of them should be too difficult, just tell me which ones are the padder and the pandora please haha.
I'm thinking a Garchomp in return? I'm not too sure what I actually want in return with the art trade haha.
Cheers~
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

Pm'd <3!
Adoptable
AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

Wow you're amazing- I wish I could put my art up here :')

A for your OC adoptable idea.... I LOVE IT. I want it 0w0