How Much Would You Pay?

Just show us what have you made lately. Nothing is needed, besides will to show us your creations.
Akira Ryushin

How Much Would You Pay?

Post by Akira Ryushin »

I would like to know...
I am thinking of opening an art shop but I am not sure what to charge.
I have a few examples, please let me know how much you would pay for these?
Also, please be honest about it. I really need an HONEST opinion....
I do want real money though... so don't come making slick remarks as I didn't see anything
in the rules against it as I did look. And personally I don't need your rudeness.
If you don't have something legit to say, don't say it.

For the rest of you who actually wanna help me with these prices,
please give me your legit opinion, not just in a manner to get cheap art.
I want to know fully, because I may end up using the same ones
on Deviantart and I really don't want to under-price myself and rip myself off.

Two People, Full Body(with background)
Full Body, Crouching...
Half Body
One Person And One Sylesti
AdoptableImageAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Re: How Much Would You Pay?

Post by mauwie »

personally i would pay depending on how long it takes you to do per piece. you do not want to undersell yourself. i'd say to at least give yourself $7 per hour of how long it takes you to draw a piece of art. although remember how many requests you will get for a piece of art will depend on your skill level! if you are very good at drawing and get a lot of commissions you can increase your price.

i just paid someone $75 for a personal piece of art work on deviant art, but it was something i wanted very much - here it is if you're curious. i've also spent $200 on a piece of art before as well.

no one can really put a price on your art besides yourself, because you know how long it takes to get it done but it will also depend on how many people are willing to commission you. if you are not getting commissions you might have to lower your price. some people also hate to hear it, but sometimes you need to wait to improve your skill level before conducting commission too.

on here, people will most likely request you to draw pokemon. in return for the commission most people will ask for adopts.

but yeah, this is all my personal opinion and you can go your own route/do whatever you want!
Adoptable
Akira Ryushin

Re: How Much Would You Pay?

Post by Akira Ryushin »

mauwie wrote:personally i would pay depending on how long it takes you to do per piece. you do not want to undersell yourself. i'd say to at least give yourself $7 per hour of how long it takes you to draw a piece of art. although remember how many requests you will get for a piece of art will depend on your skill level! if you are very good at drawing and get a lot of commissions you can increase your price.

i just paid someone $75 for a personal piece of art work on deviant art, but it was something i wanted very much - here it is if you're curious. i've also spent $200 on a piece of art before as well.

no one can really put a price on your art besides yourself, because you know how long it takes to get it done but it will also depend on how many people are willing to commission you. if you are not getting commissions you might have to lower your price. some people also hate to hear it, but sometimes you need to wait to improve your skill level before conducting commission too.

on here, people will most likely request you to draw pokemon. in return for the commission most people will ask for adopts.

but yeah, this is all my personal opinion and you can go your own route/do whatever you want!
Thank you very much for your words of advice. Though I mostly ask people so I can find out from others as I don't find myself knowing how much mine is worth. Though I also don't tend to charge per hour either. More a set price. After all, I wouldn't wish to rip someone off, cause sometimes it may take ma a couple days to finish a pic and I don't wanna over-charge due to that.

If you yourself could give your opinion, based on the examples of my skills, how much you yourself would be willing to pay, that would be great.
AdoptableImageAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable