The Puzzle Dazzle Game V2.0

Forum for unofficial contests. You have some spare Virtuadopts, and want to distribute them in form of contests? Do it here!
Recent.Snowfall

Post by Recent.Snowfall »

Oh my god, I have been away so long! But now I'm back and ready to re-open the Puzzle Dazzle Game!
My mind is overflowing with new ideas, but before we start, here is all the info you need to participate, please read the entire post to maximize your chances of winning and to avoid spam!

Adoptable

What the hell is this?
It's the Puzzle Dazzle Game, you dummy! That means you can solve puzzles here to get free adopts! Those will be mostly monthlies, but also Promos sometimes! Isn't that great?

So... what kind of puzzles are we talking?
All kinds! I'm hiding clues all over the freaking internet, or just taking what is already there to make something like a small ARG, or sometimes it is just a particularly clever maths puzzle. You'll have to see yourselves!

How can I participate?
1. as a player: You can just try to solve the puzzles in this thread! Do it all on your own or cooperate with others, for the Promos or just for fun!
2. as a helper: I am only human and I can only come up with so many puzzles in a certain amount of time. So you can help by sending in your own puzzles! And, of course, my supply of monthlies and promos is not endless. So if you have any just sitting around in your bexos, they are always welcome as prizes here! At least you will know that whoever gets it will have worked for it!

I think I have solved the puzzle. How do I claim my prize?
Simple: Go to Pokémon Center -> Add Pokémon -> Insert Virtuadopt ID and VC -> Done! The ID you can easily get by clicking the adopt in question and reading it in the URL above, the VC should be the solution of the puzzle. If it is not, please write me a PM with your solution, you will then recieve the VC from me if your answer is correct!
If you did claim a prize, please contact me as well, so I know the puzzle has been solved and I can set up a new one!

I think I got the first step, but what now?
If you think you solved part of the puzzle but can't get past the next one, why not post your part of the results here? Maybe someone else will be able to use it to finish the puzzle, and maybe they will even send you a token of their gratitude :)
If you managed to get a complete solution, please do not post it here. The puzzles should also be able to be replayed for fun, so please don't spoiler the poor people that are still trying to solve it on their own!

Any rules?
Not directly. Anything goes, really. You may ask anyone for help. Your friends, family, cryptologic professor, it's all allowed, as long as you find the solution through the way it was supposed, meaning by solving the puzzle! Have an idea how to make this better? Have a question? Anything? Post here!

So, let's get into the puzzles! For a warm-up, I got this for you: 23 49 15 71 27 67 1 33 27 2 27 112

Adoptable

Hint: You might want to try code mode.

And, don't forget: Have fun!

-ֆהტϣ
ImageImageImageImage
^Project Stary Dex | Starry Art Shop ^
gingergeek54

Re: The Puzzle Dazzle Game V2.0

Post by gingergeek54 »

What is code mode?
Check out My Trade Center : http://www.virtuadopt.com/forum/viewtop ... 10&t=21486
Click On Us
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
Recent.Snowfall

it is the mode where you can actually see the code that is being used for things like underlined text which for example is (u)underlined text(/u) [if you replaced the brackets with square brackets]
ImageImageImageImage
MrQuaza

Post by MrQuaza »

Still can not figure out how to use this "code mode" but tried something else. Got this as a result :P ;

↨1☼G←C☺!←☻←p

I don't think it is anything like this to :D
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
gingergeek54

Post by gingergeek54 »

↨1☼G←C☺!←☻←p
How Bout This
Last edited by gingergeek54 on February 3rd, 2017, 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out My Trade Center : http://www.virtuadopt.com/forum/viewtop ... 10&t=21486
Click On Us
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
Akemie

Post by Akemie »

code mode? my thought was the dex numbers. but it doesn't seem to be right -_-

023049015071067001033 027 002 027112

5 22 2 22 13 2 14 19 2 19 18
Adoptable Image Adoptable
ImageImageImage
pixels by King-Lulu-Deer (DA)
Yasha

Post by Yasha »

Seems like I had the same idea as MrQuaza ^^'
↨1☼G←C☺!←☻←p

I'm not convinced xD
Want to trade? See my Trade Station or send me a PM.
Recent.Snowfall

Huh, I thought this was a really easy puzzle, but I guess not then xP Let's just say, I have no idea what you did to get those symbols, so it's probably wrong .-.
ImageImageImageImage
Yasha

Post by Yasha »

Recent.Snowfall wrote:Huh, I thought this was a really easy puzzle, but I guess not then xP Let's just say, I have no idea what you did to get those symbols, so it's probably wrong .-.
It's the ASCII-code. It's an international code where different special signs are assigned to a four-number code. If you for example type 2640 in Microsoft Word and use ALT+C right behind the numbers, you'll get ♀.
Want to trade? See my Trade Station or send me a PM.
MrQuaza

Post by MrQuaza »

Tried a few things but sadly result from any of them :/ Day 3 Still don't have a clue about how to use code mode :)

But well there are 3x 27 so it might be smth important
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Recent.Snowfall

ImageImageImageImage
Akemie

Post by Akemie »

I know what bbcode is, but I have no idea what your numbers have to do with it x'D
Adoptable Image Adoptable
ImageImageImage
pixels by King-Lulu-Deer (DA)
Recent.Snowfall

Tomorrow (or later today, of my local time) I will give you a new puzzle to think about :D Don't worry though, this one will stay up for you to solve!
ImageImageImageImage
Tango

Post by Tango »

Well I've been trying a few things here and there when I remember about this thread but I've had no luck either @.@

At first I thought by 'code mode' you meant the Web Comic and those were issue numbers but I didn't have the interest of going through and actually checking ^^; Then you clarified that you actually meant the Full Editor's BBCode so yay.

I quoted your post and checked for any subtle BBC tags around the numbers but there's nothin' there so...

Next up was Dex numbers, as looking through the Full Editor I couldn't think of anything other than that that would give me a # back that would be usable for a VA Code. Bust, as there just aren't enough digits and/or groupings that all relate to a dex entry.

Then I thought, well, maybe he meant the page's html and those numbers being the line numbers. But nope, most of the lines didn't have any numbers if anything at all, and using a sum wasn't any better. Another bust!

Lastly was the only other thing in the BBC editor that takes numbers: font color. There aren't enough digits for HEX codes... but there is enough for RGB that can then be translated into HEX to use in the editor. But... after converting the RGB to HEX I'm stuck with a string of alphanumberic codes:

17310F 471B43 01211B 021B70

I've tried a buncha different combinations with these but so far no luck ^^

Maybe this'll help get someone else on the right track. I have no idea what to do with the original numbers or how they would relate to anything else in the BBC tags to generate a different number to use for the VA Code, but look forward to finding out how simple the solution is ^^;
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
═══════»«═══════
Recent.Snowfall

As promised, you get a new puzzle, this one is small, but not easy by far!

t/rs/s/828194939892854730 + 55

Adoptable

Good luck!
ImageImageImageImage
Snowlico

Post by Snowlico »

The only thing I can think of for the first puzzle is that it might have something to do with doing view source on the page. Haven't been able to figure out if I'm right or not though. The only numbers that their lines have numbers are lines 49 and 15. But those numbers no matter how I put them in didn't work. Haven't really had any other ides to do with that. (Also that wouldn't explain the rest of the numbers for the puzzle then.)