A few questions

Have any questions regarding Virtuadopt? Ask here!
Thalassa

A few questions

Post by Thalassa »

Hey there, I recently rediscovered this place again after going through some old bookmarks. I have been away for ages so I have some questions X3

First of, about daycare. I've had my daycare couple be at 100% chance of finding an egg for more than a full day now and havent received an egg from them yet. My previous couple always gave me eggs about once everyday, so Im wondering that the lack of egg from my current couple is because I am not their OT?

Still on the subject of daycare does masuda method works here? Meaning if you breed two pokemon of different OT, do you have an increased chance of receiving a shiny?

Another thing I'd like to ask is the worth of the current promos compared to random pokemon and compared to starters/ rarer pokemon. Mewtwo is my absolute favorite pokemon so with him being a prize in click exchange, now would be a good chance to make an army of purple mutated kitties :P

Last but not least, is it possible to change your username? If yes, how can I do this? I had a look around my control panel but couldnt find anything that looked like a name change

Thanks in advance for your help! :D
Yasha

Re: A few questions

Post by Yasha »

Welcome back, SalamenceGirl :)

1) The 100% bar at the Daycare doesn't mean that you have a 100% chance of actually getting an egg - it just means that you maxed out the part you can influence (by clicking other users adopts or simply waiting).

2) No, this method doesn't work here. You can only increase your chances of getting an actual egg, not a shiny. The two pokemon need to part of the same egg group to be able to produce an egg. Inside the same egg group, only the exact same species have the highest chances (meaning: Charmander with Charmander, NOT Charmander with one of its evolutions).

3) The value of Promos is not something you can easily determine, for it is something subjective. I'm pretty sure you will find users out there who will want a shiny for a Mewtwo, while you might find others who only want like 20 of their random collection Pokis. I'd say, if you really want a collection, now is the best time to start, since they are still available as a click prize (even as a shiny, if you are lucky!). [EDIT] You might have noticed that the Mewtwos you can currently win have a 2nd star instead of a Promo star. Some people value 2nd stars lower than normal Promo stars. If you don't care about something like that, you can probably get a bunch of 2nd star Mewtwos for one Promo star Mewtwo.

4) You need to contact yankeesrule3526 for a name change. Just send a private message for that.

I hope you stick around for a bit. Have fun!
Want to trade? See my Trade Station or send me a PM.
Thalassa

Post by Thalassa »

Thanks so much for your help! :D
Yasha

Post by Yasha »

If you are unlucky, Mewtwo was just replaced with a Diancie... if you are lucky, it is still available additionally to Diancie. Time (and yankees) will tell :)
viewtopic.php?f=2&p=3446205#p3446205
Want to trade? See my Trade Station or send me a PM.
Thalassa

Post by Thalassa »

Yeah, I saw that and I was a bit upset seeing it got changed just when I decided to start collecting it XD Good to know he is still available for now at least :)
49ER

Post by 49ER »

I just wanted to get one question clarified: If the lotto prize should be changed, do the coins we had before carry over to the next prize? Or do they zero out when prizes change?
Adoptable
Thalassa

Post by Thalassa »

I think I saw in another thread that the coins do remain but I dont remember where that was
UkeSora
The Sidekick

Post by UkeSora »

Coins can be collected until you want to swap them for your prize.