Several Questions

Have any questions regarding Virtuadopt? Ask here!
hatschiii

Several Questions

Post by hatschiii »

I hope you can help me!

1. How many Eggs can i adopt?
2. How many steps the egg needs?
3. How to envolve normal Adoptables?
4. Any chance of Shiny?
5. Which princes i get from the slotmashine?

hatschiii
Tango

Re: Several Questions

Post by Tango »

Sure thing Hatschiii ^^

1) You can adopt/add eggs until you have 12 total. If you breed eggs then you can accept it from the Daycare whether you already have 12+ or not, but you won't be able to adopt or use the 'add' function to your PokéCenter until you have less than 12 eggs total.

2) Eggs will start hatching after 4,000 steps. How many exactly is variable. Rarer pokémon tend to require more, but I believe the absolute limit is 10,000.

3) Most adoptables evolve once they gain enough levels after hatching. Levels are gained by clicking. Everyone can only click an adoptable once every VA day, however the Click Exchange bypasses this limit so that makes it favorable if you want to level things faster. There are also adopts, like in the games, that require special conditions to be met. Most are item-trade based and you can use the Item Guide as a reference. Others, like Inkay for example, might have a special field when you View them that allows you to change their form, and the baby pokémon cannot evolve and have to be bred to get (or traded). Tyrogue is the only exception to this, and he will only evolve into Hitmontop.

4) You have a chance for shinies yes. It is very rare.

5) Currently the slot machine prizes are $1000 or one of the Scents you can use to get Shadow Pokémon in the 'Trivia' area of the Game Corner. However, if you are clicking in the Click Exchange you also have a chance for a Zygarde.

Hope this helps you! In the future you can post your questions in the Help section. :3

Cheers.
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
═══════»«═══════
hatschiii

Post by hatschiii »

hm in the games baby pokemon you have to breed in the care center with items.. i know, how it works here?

i used to breed shinies in the game, and my first one was magby
so here i only can get them vom breeding my adopted eggs?
Tango

Post by Tango »

Here you don't need Incenses to breed a baby, you just need compatible breeding partners. You can find the Breeding Guide in the Manuals / Guides board.

There's a chance of a shiny any time you hatch an egg, except for Fossil Pokémon from my understanding. For Fossil pokémon the shiny chance is when you get it restored via the Lab. For Promo Pokémon it varies as well when they're available, though I think the only currently available shiny promo is Zygarde. Just have to get extra lucky when clicking in the exchange to not only get a Zygarde, but get a shiny one.
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
═══════»«═══════
hatschiii

Post by hatschiii »

i cant breed two Pokemon in the care center? cool thx

i try puzzling this ruins but i dont know how they should look like, :(
a-chan
chibi yaoi kitty

Post by a-chan »

Moved to the help section. Also, reading the FAQ and browsing through the Manuals & Guides can answer most basic questions.

To add to your questions and Tango's answers:
2) Eggs hatch between 5,000 and 10,000 steps, not 4,000.
3) Adopts evolve between level 50 and 200. It doesn't matter how often they evolve - at lvl 200 they should have reached their final evolution.

And not knowing how the ruins puzzles should look like is part of the challenge. Noone knows it before they solve it.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
hatschiii

Post by hatschiii »

i allready solved one and get a 'd' ??
Tango

Post by Tango »

Thank you a-chan! I must've mis-remembered when my recent Furfrou egg hatched unexpectedly. I usually click eggs that I'm trading away to 4,000 and I remember having one hatch by surprise very recently but it must have been closer to 5,000 than I remembered ^^;

When you do the Ruins and complete the puzzle you're rewarded with a Letter. You need to obtain a 'blank' Unown that will look like this shape:
Adoptable
Once you have one of those by whatever means (hatching, trading, trading point, match or hangman games, etc.) then you can head on over to the Laboratory (click the lady in the lab coat on the 'Explore' Map), select the Unown icon, and you can apply a letter you've obtained from the Ruins Puzzles to any blank unown that you have. Note that this is irreversible once done, unlike the Rotom appliances you get from the Grid game.
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
═══════»«═══════
hatschiii

Post by hatschiii »

i dont understand that grid game, how have to do this

i have that zygarde now, ;) could i have more if i get 3 Pikachus again?

all my eggs hatched between 7000 and 10000 steps ._.
Tango

Post by Tango »

The grid game is just as it says. You can select one of the squares every 5 minutes. If you pick the right square then you could win a Rotom appliance. It usually takes quite a few tries unless you get lucky.

Congrats on Zygarde! Yes, you can win the slots over and over.

That's normal for eggs. It's random, anywhere between 5,000 & 10,000 with the rarer ones tending to lean toward the higher end.
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
═══════»«═══════
hatschiii

Post by hatschiii »

thx <3
hatschiii

Post by hatschiii »

need a ditto an ins GTS no chance
Tango

Post by Tango »

You're welcome ^_^

Just a heads up, Ditto isn't as useful for breeding as it is in the games. You should refer to the very bottom of the Daycare Guide. At the moment I don't think you have any pokémon that can use Ditto for breeding.

You'll have to have a female of the species you want to have an egg of and breed it with a compatible male. There are several Pokémon Resource sites that layout compatible Egg Groups for pokémon (Bulbapedia or Pokémon Database for example) to help out with figuring partners. Of course, if you have a male of the same Dex # as the female then the chances for an egg are a bit higher so it's preferred to get matching pairs for breeding :3
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
═══════»«═══════
hatschiii

Post by hatschiii »

why? you can use every pokemon with ditto why not?
i don't have one so i couldn't try it
i game it also worked with ditto all the time
a-chan
chibi yaoi kitty

Post by a-chan »

Yes, but the rules here on the site are a bit different. You can only use Ditto to breed male-only species like Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee or, as an only exception, to breed with Manaphy to get Phione.
hatschiii

Post by hatschiii »

thats really creepy that means it takes 1000000 years to hatch one pair of pokemon ._. that sucks i dont have at least one pair
a-chan
chibi yaoi kitty

Post by a-chan »

First of all, as Tango explained already, you don't need a pair to breed. You only need the female for a start. Check the egg groups thread for a huge list of possibilities to breed. As soon as a male hatches from those eggs, you can put it into the daycare center.
Second, you can search the GTS or make your own trades. And third, you can get a random Pokemon while playing the games in the games corner. As soon as you've got some spare ones, you can put them in the trading point and choose another one there. They get switched every 2 minutes so you just wait for one you like.
hatschiii

Post by hatschiii »

i found the egg group guide, a big help
how long it takes for an egg?
and how could i get premium if i want to

i play the games the whole day an pokemon are really rare ;) or i am too stupid to do this hanging man
puzzles i never get one T_T
a-chan
chibi yaoi kitty

Post by a-chan »

You have the chance to get an egg every full hour. So if you're lucky you get one really quickly, but it can take some hours or a few days, in the worst case. Crossbreeding has a bit lower chance though, so as soon as you get your male one, it should be faster.

Premium is disabled at the moment, unfortunately.
hatschiii

Post by hatschiii »

oh thats sad.. okay..